Chapter 7

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I look up to see Michael standing next to a green-eyed man, who I'm assuming is also a doctor.

"Sorry, am I not allowed in here?" I ask, trying to control my pain, not wanting it to show. Especially to doctors.

"You're all good, this is one of the attending break rooms, so maybe being in here unsupervised isn't the best idea," Michael laughs out.

"Oh, sorry," I mumble slightly embarrassed, and still in pain. It's bearable right now, but I know that it'll get worse in the next half hour. "I can go," I tell him.

"He said UNsupervised, love," the green-eyed man says with a smile. "By the way, I'm Harry."

"Daniella," I tell him.

"Harry is an OBGYN," he tells me. WOW that's ironic. "Aren't you, Dr. Styles," he says in a deep voice, making Harry elbow him lightly. Both boys crack up at the same time. I've got no idea why though.

They head over to the coffee table just as I see a familiar face slowly walking past the room while on his phone. "Ethan!" I call out.

He looks up and looks around, trying to find the source of the noise until he sees me. His face immediately illuminates, and he walks into the room to give me a big hug.

"Hey," he whispers in my ear. I just hum and close my eyes, relaxing into the familiarity of his hug. I really needed this after having such a stressful night/morning.

I suddenly pull back as I feel a sharp pain in my stomach again. This immediately sets off his worry.

"What's wrong?" he asks, looking down at me from his towering, 6 foot frame in comparison to my 5 ft 3.

"Nothing," I grimace, lightly rubbing my stomach, trying not to be suspicious.

He narrows his eyes at me, looking at my stomach. And that just tells me that he knows, which makes me nervous. Just as he opens his mouth, he gets interrupted -

"You know, just because I let you in here doesn't mean everyone can, Daniella," Michael says from behind me.

I have never been more grateful for an interruption. "Sorry," I mutter sheepishly, turning around to face him.

He laughs, saying, "Not a problem." Then he looks at Ethan, "I'm Dr. Michael Clifford, head surgeon in the cardiovascular department."

"I'm Ethan, nice to meet you. I'm assuming you are Dalia's doctor?"

"Yes, I'm one of them," Michael says. "I'll introduce you to the others when we come in to check on her later."

Ethan then looks at Harry. I pray that he doesn't say what he specializes in because I know for a fact that Ethan will jump on the fact that he's a gynecologist.

"Dr. Harry Styles, head OBGYN, at your service," he says with a mock bow, making Michael snort.

"You're a gynecologist?" Ethan questions, surprised yet happy. See, I told you.

"Yup," Harry replies. "Why do you ask?"

I decide that this is my moment to jump in on the conversation. "You know, Ethan hasn't seen Dalia yet. I'll take him over. It was nice meeting you Harry!" I say, shoving Ethan out of the room and all the way down the hall, just to be safe.

"Seriously, D?" Ethan immediately asks once I get us out of earshot. "He can help you."

"No, okay? Just no. I'm not going through that again. I'm fine," I tell him, starting to get frustrated because he just won't listen.

"YOU'RE IN PAIN!" He shouts, making me shush him. "You're in pain and you won't even try to get help. Why?" He asks a little more gently.

I look away from him, feeling tears start to form in my eyes. I have way too much going on. I don't need this added to all my stress. "I just can't okay? Being in pain is better than having hope."

"Dani..." he cuts himself off when we hear loud whispering, making both of us turn around.

And there stands Michael and Harry, whisper-shouting at each other. They look at us when they feel our stares, knowing that they're caught.

I start to panic. I don't know how much of our conversation they heard. I start to find it harder to breath, feeling my head swaying a little.

Michael is the first one to notice, "Hey! Calm down," he says gently, slowly coming towards me. Once he's right in front of me, he grabs my hand, holding it tightly. "Come on, breathe with me. In, and out." We do this for a couple minutes until my breathing regulates.

"Thank you," I whisper out, my throat scratchy from holding back tears. I usually only have panic attacks when I'm alone and overthinking things. No one has ever helped me through one before.

"Of course. Why don't we go find a seat and some water? I want you to relax, your pulse is a little too high for my liking," he tells me.

So that's why he's been holding onto my hand.

I nod my head, letting him lead me back to his break room with Ethan and Harry following behind us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies! A little twist to this chapter, don't you think? Dalia isn't the only one who needs medical attention. For a little bit of foreshadowing, you might get to know what Dalia actually went through soon. Not everything is what it seems like....

I know, I'm cruel for ending it there, but you'll find out soon enough!

Anyways, please vote and comment! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and kisses.