Forgotten Lines

Enjoy the angst, my friends 

tw//implied/mentions of s3lf h@rm

Connor silently waited for Evan outside the school. The sandy-haired boy had asked Connor to wait for him because there was something he needed to take care of before they left. Getting tired of staring at the same pair of double doors, Connor leaned against his car and pulled out his phone. 

It was another five minutes or so before Evan came running out of the door, his bag thumbing against his back with every step. Connor was about to call out to him when he noticed the look of fear on Evan's face. No, not fear. Terror. And it wasn't long after that Connor saw the group of three boys chasing him. 

And Jared chasing behind them. 

He was yelling at someone, the boys or Evan, he couldn't tell. Connor's phone hit the ground as he started to run towards Evan. The look plastered on the boy's face wasn't something caused by a simple game of tag. 

Though he was running as fast as he could, which wasn't all that fast considering the large amounts of weed he'd consumed the night prior decided they needed to make their presence know in this very moment, Connor was too far away to reach Evan before they had him pinned to the ground, broken arm bent behind his back.  

He watched as Evan's face contorted in pain, and he pushed himself to run faster. Despite that fact that he might be hungover, Connor was still confident in his ability to fight. Jared was currently in the process of dealing with the two other boys, attempting to shove them out of the way, but ended up getting knocked on the ground himself.  

Finally reaching the boys, he ran for the one who was on top of Evan. Connor tackled him to the ground successfully pushing him off the smaller boy.  

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he growled out, pinning the boys arms down with his knees as Connor attempted to restrain himself from wringing his neck.  

"What's it to you?" he seethed as he struggled to get up. Connor moved to brace him with his hands instead, tightening his grip.  

"Name." Connor growled out, looking the writhing boy in the eye. 

"Why should I tell you?" 

"Don't make me ask again. Name. Now.

"Thomas." 

"Thomas what?" 

"Jefferson."  

"Well then, Thomass Jeffershit. I'm going to let you get up, and you and your friends are going to return to whatever hell hole you crawled out of. Understood?" 

Thomas just nodded, and Connor slowly released his grip on the boy. 

That was his first mistake. 

His second was looking over to Evan to make sure he was okay, and Connor missed the fist coming directly towards his face. At first all he felt was the impact, the pain came later. Connor hissed as he felt the sensation spread throughout his jaw, and he bunched his fists in his hand, prepared to counter. 

"Shouldn't have done that, fuckface." his voice was raspy, this only ever really happened when he was severely pissed off. 

And he was way beyond pissed off. 

Connor shoved the Thomas to the ground, towering over him. He was about to start kicking when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned and saw a trembling Evan, face twisted in pain, but he was standing. He was standing and he was telling Connor to stop. To let it go.