Spotlights

(TIME SKIP: LIKE TWO WEEKS) 

Connor took a deep breath as he pushed open the large double doors leading into the theater. Tonight was finally it. The weeks of rehearsing and preparing. The weeks of emotional torture and pain. All for this. All so Evan could finally have his moment to shine, so he could finally step into the sun. 

The room was dark, save for some fairly dim lighting that didn't help his eyesight at all. Connor looked over the rows and rows of seat, seeing some familiar faces among the gathering crowd. He decided before going to join them, a visit to his boyfriend was in order. So, turning away from the main aisle, Connor looked around before silently slipping backstage. 

--------------------

Evan's POV 

Evan's nerves were on fire. His breaths were becoming shorter by the second and his hands were once again sweating like mad. But underneath it all, he felt a buzz of excitement. He knew the script better than anyone else here, save for maybe Christine. He'd performed this countless of times, but now, now there was a very large group of people to watch him. And as much as Evan wanted to brush it off as nothing and move on, it was certainly not nothing. It was everything. 

Evan tried to adjust his costume for the fifth time that night, pulling on the fabric and maneuvering things around so they were slightly more comfortable. He was currently still accepting he was about to go out in front of at least one hundred people, never mind trying to accept he was going to go out there half naked. 

Evan backed up against the far wall, giving a nervous wave to Christine who simply responded with a beaming smile. She was so at home in this setting, it was almost surreal. At any moment that girl looked like she could break into a song about how much she loved play rehearsal. Evan put his face in his hands, trying to get some of his nerves to leave him. He stayed like this for a few moments before they were gently tugged down and Evan stared up at the face that gave him exactly what he needed. 

"Connor?" he smiled, blushing slightly at his lack of clothing. It wasn't as if Connor hadn't seem him shirtless before, but that didn't stop Evan's heart from pounding. "C-Connor what are you doing back here?" 

"I thought to come see if I was needed, and it seems I was." Connor smirked, very carefully placing his hands on Evan's waist, as if he was made of glass and would shatter at the slightest force. "Plus I didn't wanna miss the view." He gave Evan a rather obnoxious but nonetheless appreciative once over. 

Evan rolled his eyes before standing on his toes to kiss his ridiculously tall boyfriend. Connor just smiled into the kiss, tightening his grip on Evan before lightly pushing his back to the wall. 

"God you're adorable." Connor mumbled, and Evan was glad there was no one else back there at the current moment. He was especially grateful when Connor moved from his mouth to his neck, causing Evan to let out a tiny, barely audible whine. 

"O-okay, I very much would like to continue this later, but Connor I've got to go on stage soon and I'd rather not do so with a marked up neck." Evan said, using all of his emotional strength to pull his boyfriend off of him. Connor just made a pouty face, his smile breaking through every now and again. 

"I love you so much," Evan chuckled, leaning into Connor's chest, who in turn buried his face in Evan's hair before lightly pressing a kiss to the top of his head. 

"I love you, too." Connor said, and Evan never wanted this to end. 

"I love you more." 

"Doubt it."