Chapter 44

~Adriana~

A couple days have gone by since that evening and Tatyana is finally home with me. I didn't want to ruin her excitement with Mike so I kept everything to myself to give them a few days of bliss before spilling everything to her.

"No more men, only focusing on yourself?" Tatyana eyes me skeptically but she shovels more popcorn in her mouth and says nothing more.

"Look, I love Kurt. I do. I'm admitting that now."

"What about Callum?" Tatyana interrupts.

"I can't keep going back to him. And honestly T, I don't want to. I think I am over him. No, you know what, I am over him. Completely."

Tatyana sits up and leans forward, getting serious. I turn to face her to show her I am serious too. She eyes me for a few seconds then sits back and nods.

"Good, I never liked him anyway, I was just too polite to say anything." Tatyana smiles and pops another piece of popcorn into her mouth. I reach into the bowl between us and grab a handful.

"Yeah, okay," is all I said before eating a few pieces myself. We sit in silence with only the background noise from the TV.

"You should probably throw away that keychain. Just saying." Tatyana remarks, referencing the keychain Callum had given me. I hold it up admiring it. I know it's a gift from someone I shouldn't hold on to, but the pretty Louvre charm makes me want to travel. Finally go to all the museums I've been dying to see. "So," Tatyana interrupts my thoughts. "if you love Kurt, why 'no more men'?"

"It just all happened so fast. I don't think either of us planned to fall in love."

"Kurt's in love with you? Did he say that?" Tatyana jumps up almost spilling the popcorn.

"Yes, yes, we both confessed the other night. When we had dinner with his co-worker. Okay well maybe there weren't "I love you's" exchanged but we admitted we missed one another and he said the apartment wasn't the same without me.." I trail off when I see Tatyana eyeing me again. "What?"

"So you still haven't told him??"

"I'm sure I have. I probably have. He should know right?" Tatyana rolls her eyes at me. "Anyway, it doesn't matter right now. I had just gotten out of a long, mostly bad, relationship with Callum and I threw myself into this fake relationship with Kurt, then actually fell in love with him. It's all too much, too fast."

"Yeah, even listening to that was a lot to handle. I can't imagine living it. Well, I kind of did!" Tatyana laughs and I shoot her a look which makes her laugh harder and I can't help but laugh at the situation as well.

"So what now?" Tatyana says when our laughter dies down.

"Well, I have my new job on Monday. So for now, I think I just need to focus on that. Excel at work. Maybe do some self care with my bff."

"Ooo that sounds fun." Tatyana sits back and grabs for more popcorn. "Oops! Bowl is empty, I'll go make some more."

"Thank you," I say when she jumps up and goes to the kitchen. I check my phone and see messages from both my parents and Kurt's parents. I guess he told them about our "breakup". Kurt's parents' messages are kind while my mother's is more ticked off. My dad just asked if I'm okay. I text my dad back quickly and tell him I'm doing well. I tell him about my new job and the idea of taking time for myself. He replies straight away saying he's proud of me and loves me. I smile and text him back saying I love him. I know he'll relay my answer to my mother so I don't bother responding to her messages. I look at the messages from Kurt's family but I can't decide how to respond so I put my phone away for the evening.