My Fake Fiancé: Chapter 1

~Adriana~

It's been a month since my mother and I agreed it would be best if I didn't live at home, anymore. Luckily, my friend, Tatyana offered to let me live with her. Since moving out of my parent's house and moving in with Tatyana I had to start paying rent so I took on more hours at work.

Lately, I had rarely been at the apartment and most of the time that I was out of the apartment was for work, I hadn't been out to do anything relaxing or fun in a couple of weeks. I had been back to my parent's house a few times for dinners, run errands with them or picking up something I had left behind. So, while my relationship with my mom was on the mend, I knew it was best to continue living with Tatyana. After all, I did enjoy my new found freedom and found that I liked the responsibility of living on my own, with a roommate of course.

I guess Tatyana decided it was time for me to get out of the apartment and have some fun because one day, Tatyana stopped by my work at the end of a long shift. I could see her boyfriend and another friend hovering outside my store, waiting for Tatyana to come back out. She approaches me while I'm rehanging some dresses.

"Hey!" Tatyana greets me with a quick hug then steps back to let me continue working.

"Hey, T! What brings you by?" I get back to work making sure all the dresses are hung correctly with tags facing outwards. I shift to another rack and she follows alongside me, touching each dress along the way. I smack her hand away from the next dress, laughing. "Quit touching things. What's up?"

"Mike and I are going to this new club and wanted to know if I would like to join us?'" I hesitate and Tatyana keeps talking before I can say no. "You haven't been out since, like, the first night you moved in. And honestly, it is time to get out of the house. We need to go out and have fun and get over that lousy ex of yours. It's been, what? At least five months. And it's only been a month since you've moved in so who knows how long you were moping around at your parent's house."

"Fine, fine," I interrupt, mostly to get her to stop talking. "Okay, I will go out with you guys tonight. But nothing too crazy right?"

"I did hear this new club is amazing but that can be our one stop for the evening. Just one simple outing. Just to check out the new club." Tatyana leans against a rack of clothes while I rehang and fix items.

"Okay, just this one club." I quickly finish cleaning my section of the store then grab my things saying goodbye to my manager and run out the door with Tatyana by my side.

"We'll meet you guys there," Tatyana says to her boyfriend, Mike, and another one of their friends as we catch up with them near the exit of the mall. They both say a quick "hi" and "bye" to me then leave the mall.

"Why aren't we going with them?" I ask.

"Because Ana, you haven't been out in a long time and I think it's time for some new clothes." I laugh as she grabs my arm and pulls me back into the middle of the mall.

We hit every store we can think of but toss aside most items because they are too expensive. And by 'toss aside' I do mean that we respectfully rehung and folded each item. Tatyana was not too thrilled at how neat I wanted to leave everything, mostly because it took extra time but as a retail worker, I know how frustrating it is to come into the changing room or even out on the floor and see a huge mess. So I try to clean up after myself.

Eventually, we find the right store and after a couple failed outfits, I come out of the dressing room in a vintage, floral t-shirt and plain black skinny jeans, and knee-high red velvet boots. I stand in front of the long communal mirror, looking at myself in the outfit. Tatyana steps out of her dressing room. I see her in the mirror behind me and she is wearing the most ridiculous moomoo.