Chapter 11

~Adriana~

The next few days drag by slowly but finally it's Wednesday morning. My alarm goes off and I am grateful I set it for two hours earlier than needed. It gives me time to take a long shower and get everything done that I need to, that way I will only have to rinse off after work before meeting Kurt for dinner.

Butterflies twirl in my stomach as I rub moisturizer on my face after my shower. I am excited to see Kurt again. We only talked briefly this week about the restaurant of choice for this evening. We decided on a cute little café that Kurt had been to. He offered to pick me up again and I accepted. I could just meet him there but he offered since I have ever been to the café so it'd be easier for him to just pick me up.

"Adriana!" Tatyana flings open the bathroom door. Luckily I have a towel wrapped around me. I turn to look at her while I continue to lotion, moving to my arms.

"Yes? Can I help you?" I ask. She reaches her hand out and I squeeze some lotion out onto her hand.

"Just wanted to check in to see how everything is going. With Kurt specifically."

"Well, we are going to dinner at 7 this evening. After work I will head back here then shower off. If you're around maybe you'd like to help me get ready?"

"Oh duh! I would like to. I like Kurt. He seems great." Tatyana steps back to allow me to exit the bathroom then she follows me back to my room.

"Don't get too attached. This isn't really a long term thing, I don't think." I rummage through my dresser to find clothes for work while we talk.

"Ooo, you don't think? But you kind of want it to be a long term thing don't you?" Tatyana teases me. She flops onto my bed and flips through a magazine I just notice she had in her hand.

"No, I mean that would be so weird. This is a fake relationship to begin with so if I did want it to be a long term thing in the end, it would be so strange jumping automatically to being engaged. Like what? We actually go through with a wedding? We get married first and then we start dating and start having a real relationship? That's crazy." I ramble on, carefully getting dressed so my towel doesn't fall off even though I know Tatyana isn't looking at me.

"Wow, you think about this a lot?" I sigh but she continues talking. "Oh! It would be sort of like The Proposal! With Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. You know the line he says towards the end. 'Marry me because I'd like to date you.' That line. That would be exactly your situation. Well, not that either of y'all are getting deported but still, similar idea right?"

Tatyana and I look at each other for a quiet second before we both burst out laughing. I side down on the bed next to her and our laughs fill the room for a few minutes before we finally calm down.

"Crazy," I say almost breathlessly. "Okay, I have to go to work now. Will you be here when I get off? I'm off at 5 today."

"Hm, I don't get off until 6, what time is Kurt coming to get you? Also love the fact that he picks you up to take you out. Very sweet but also gives us a little extra time to get you ready."

"I know, it's very nice and helpful. Haha." I towel dry my hair, scrunching it a bit to get more water out of it and shape my curls more. "Dinner is at 7 but I'm not sure if that means he'll be here at 7 or we need to be at the cafe at 7. I don't think the cafe takes reservations so I think he'll be here at 7."

"Okay, I should be home by 6:15 but that only gives us 45 minutes to get you all cute and prepped for your date." Tatyana winks at me and I don't bother to correct her. It does feel like it's a date.