Chapter 8

A/N: Updated Chapter

_________________________________________

~Kurt~

I've been talking to Adriana's doorman when I see her exit the stairwell, I smile and wave at her. She has her head down and doesn't seem to see me, I take the opportunity to watch her walking across the lobby. I catch myself noticing how her heels show off her incredibly long, elegant legs, while her tight jeans hug every curve. I shake my head, trying to rid my head of those thoughts and I focus on how she interacts with the guests in the lobby. She's shy but polite. She smiles and says hello to an older couple who are sitting in the lobby talking, they smile back at her and look upon her fondly. When she makes her way over to where I am standing, she smiles at me.

"Sorry to keep you waiting and for not inviting you up to the apartment. Tatyana was in the apartment and I didn't want her to accost you with questions." She laughs but I can tell she is embarrassed.

I laugh with her, trying to help her relax. "It's okay. You're right on time. Besides," I say, teasingly, "I enjoyed talking to James, here. He has a lot of very interesting stories."

Adriana smiles and thanks the doorman for keeping me company and entertaining me while I waited.

"I hope you didn't tell him too many stories, James," Adriana nudges him and laughs. He just winks back at her but doesn't say anything. Adriana shakes her head and leads me towards the exit. Her doorman smiles at her and I can tell he likes her. Maybe not in a romantic way but as a little sister. I nod at him as I hold open the door to the building and she walks out onto the sidewalk. As she makes her way onto the sidewalk, she looks around the street. I can see her eyes searching and as she finds what she is looking for, she walks over to it and waits patiently for me to unlock my car. I smile to myself, enjoying learning about her habits and the way she thinks.

"What are you smiling at? Have I got something on my face?" A voice interrupts me, making me jolt a little. I scold myself for getting distracted and absorbed in looking at her and thinking about her..

"Oh, no sorry. Just thinking." I reply then get into the car, turning on the engine. "Did you have any place you wanted to go to get coffee?" I ask, trying to change the subject. I watch her face as she thinks. Scrunching her eyes up and tilting her head.

"Ummm," she says, pausing and I still wait silently. After a few seconds, she lets out a burst of air as if she was holding her breath. "Nope, I got nothing." This makes me laugh and she looks at me, confused.

"Sorry," I say, a bit breathless. "But you took so long thinking, I figured you'd come up with an answer but you said 'nope'." I start laughing again but this time she smiles and laughs too.

"I really was trying to think of a place but I don't really know any coffee places!" She defends herself as we both laugh. I put the car into drive and pull it out of the parking lot. "I know there are a lot of coffee places near here but I'm not a huge coffee person nor a breakfast person, so I really haven't been to too many. I mean Tatyana has dragged me to a few and most of them make the pastries fresh so they're usually pretty good. Although most of the breakfast places that would have coffee and treats are probably closed by now. I think some close at 3 or before."

Adriana prattles on and I hesitate to suggest another type of food or drink for our meeting but we've already agreed on going to a coffee house. Plus at his point, if I said we could change and go elsewhere, it might take a while to decide on a place. Easier to stick with what we agreed upon.

"I think I might know a place." I say but add nothing more and she doesn't question me. She reaches for the radio turning the dial until she finds a country station playing a song and then she turns it up and sits back in her seat.