Chapter 2

~Adriana~

~Adriana~

What in the hell did I just say? I yank my hand out of the air and bring it back to my side as fast as I can then twist my fingers nervously. I grab my drink, squeezing it tightly. A splash of Dr. Pepper falls over the edge and onto my hand and I realize that my hand is shaking so badly that I've spilled. I grab a little napkin and clean up the mess trying to keep myself busy and distracted.

All I can think right now is, f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck...I hope he didn't hear me. But I know he has because his expression goes from scowling to downright vicious. I shift in my seat a little bit and see his murderous glare shift from me to staring at Kurt from across the room.

Callum stands up, his 6' 2" frame towering over my shorter, 5' 6", as I slide off of my stool quickly and step in front of him.

"What are you doing?!" I shriek over the loud music. He takes a step forward and practically growls. "Stop, please don't do this. Please." I practically beg him. I put my hands on his arms trying to hold him in his place.

"Adriana, move." Callum growls through his words at me, his deep voice sounds threatening but I brace myself.

I made a big mistake opening my mouth. Maybe there is some way I can get him to walk away. His arms flex under my hands and I know he's getting ready to shove past me. It will be easy for him too. I tightened my grip just to try to brace myself.

"Callum, come on. Stop, seriously. We can even go outside and talk about this." I offer, trying to bribe him into calming down. I don't want to cause a scene and I hope he wanted to take me back to his place enough that he'll agree to go outside with me. Callum hesitates a bit, debating. I can see him thinking about how the night could end in taking me back to his place or end in a fight. He only ponders for a few seconds before the anger wins out and I know he's decided against taking me up on the offer.

"Get out of my way." His glare has yet to leave Kurt and in that moment, I realize I won't be able to stop Callum from confronting Kurt. So, I know what I have to do. I have to warn Kurt. I have to get to him before Callum does and I have to explain what I did and what is about to happen.

I quickly turn and duck between moving bodies to make my way through the crowd. I appear in front of Kurt knowing I only have seconds before Callum is right behind me.

Kurt seems to be a little confused at first and I blush embarrassed at this sudden meeting. I know I need to warn him but I can't get myself to speak, I'm terrible at confrontation. After a second, it seems to click where he knows me from. His face lights up with recognition.

"Adriana!" He says brightly and gestures around the room. "What are you doing here?"

Before I can answer, I hear people grunting and complaining and a "Hey, watch it man", "F*ck you" and a few other comments and I know Callum is right behind me.

"I'm so sorry..." I realize my time is limited but I am only able to say those three words before Callum shoves his palm against Kurt's chest, catching him off guard and making him stumble a bit. When he regains his balance, he gives Callum an annoyed look.