Chapter 3

~Kurt's POV~

"I told him you were my fiancé."

Fiancé. Fiancé? What the hell is going on? I take a step back and drag my hand over my head, thinking.

"Why...Why would you do that?" I ask curiously, trying to remain calm. I look around my apartment, realizing my ex-girlfriend may show up at any time. She can't show up in the middle of this, things are already rocky between us as we have been trying to make things work between us. Fuck. What is Ashley going to say when she finds out? If, I correct myself. If she finds out.

When I finally force myself to look at her, Adriana looks up at me, her eyes filled with guilt and worry. Why is she worried?

"I am so sorry. He wouldn't leave me alone..." She repeats herself, seeming flustered. I wave my hand gesturing for her to move on and continue explaining, I know it might seem rude but I need an explanation. "I have no idea why I brought you into it. I am so sorry. I just saw you across the room and it was the first thing that popped into my head... I wasn't thinking... I am so sorry..." She keeps saying sorry and it's starting to hurt my head. Her worry and fear seem to make her even smaller than her 5' 6" height and I feel like a monster standing over her at 6' 5". I try to relax a little and let out a deep breath.

"Adriana," I start, calmly, "it's okay. I understand." She looks up at me surprised, her eyes widening.

"Wh..what? You do?" Her big blue eyes look up at me and they help me relax a little more. I nod and clear my throat.

"Yes, I understand. It was an impulsive decision but you did what you thought would be best." I try to bullet point to show her I understood. I mean, I guess I kind of understand. She didn't mean to cause any harm, she just needed a way to escape. I can understand that. "So, yes, I for the most part understand why you did it."

"Oh, thank you so much!" She throws her arms round me making me stumble backwards a bit and she releases me and blushes. "Sorry... I was so worried you would think I was crazy or something..."

This makes me laugh. "I never said I didn't think you were crazy." She lets out a little embarrassed gasp and I chuckle again. No, her thinking was logical. She might be crazy for other reasons though but I wasn't sure yet.

All of a sudden, her face pales and she can't seem to look at me anymore.

"What's wrong?"

After a few seconds of silence, I hear her take a deep breath and push all her words out in a rush. "My ex-boyfriend called my mother and told her that...that we are engaged. She called my best friend and she left me a voicemail and I have no idea who else she or Callum have told. I am so sorry, I really had no idea it would get this out of hand. Shit, my mother is going to ask round and she will probably tell my grandparents and they will talk to your parents. Shit, I am so sorry..." She finally stops and is breathing heavily at this point still unable to look at me as her eyes dart around the room. As I am taking in all of this information, her eyes land on a photo of Ashley and myself. "Oh my gosh, you have a girlfriend. I didn't even think. Oh gosh, are you going to get in trouble? I didn't... Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I'm so sorry..." She trails off mumbling her apologies.

For some reason, I'm not too worried about Ashley finding out anymore. "Wait, my parents know??" I say harshly enough that she jerks her head up to look at me. My face must not be as harsh as my words because her scared expression changes back to guilt.

"No, well I don't know. I don't think they know yet. I don't think my mother would call them right now. It's pretty late and she wouldn't want to appear rude by waking them up."

I nod and check my phone to see if I have any missed calls or texts from either my parents or my sister. Nothing but there is a text from Ashley saying she will be over in ten minutes. That doesn't give me a lot of time and I don't want to be rude and kick Adriana out.

"My girlfriend...Ashley, will be here in ten minutes." I tell her and she nods, biting her lip nervously.

"I don't know what to do..." She says quietly, confiding in me.

"Okay," I say and she looks up at me confused. "Okay," I repeat, "let's do this." Her head tilts in confusion and my heart beats a little faster because it is one of the cutest ever. I cough to clear my throat and my thoughts. "I'll go along with this... this fiancé idea. Just until your ex leaves you alone." I clarify and her eyes light up, and her mouth opens slightly.

"What? Really? Oh. What about Ashely? I can't let you do this to her and your family..." Why is she so worried? It's my life, I realize the consequences that might develop. I wave my hand erasing her worry and nod.

"I understand the consequences of this but you need help." I can't believe I am agreeing to this. "We will have to put on a show for our families and friends but if it helps you get rid of this ex. Then, I'm in." She grins when I stopped talking and again throws her arms around me and this time I don't stumble but I catch her and laugh.

"Oh! Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me! Gosh, this is going to fuck up your life. Are you sure you're okay with this?" I reassure her that I'm okay and she gives me another hug before backing away quickly, the worried look returning to her face. And it takes me a second to realize why but then I hear it too. My apartment door is being unlocked. Shit.

"It's okay..." I stop when Ashley enters the apartment and tosses her keys on the table before turning to face into the apartment and her eyes narrow when she sees Adriana standing a little too close to me.

"Who the hell is she?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is from Kurt's POV I hope it wasn't too confusing but I think I want to add other perspectives too. Also I'm not really sure how to emphasize their thoughts? I used italics but I'm not sure if I used it too much. (Also, it doesn't look like the italics is wanting to work soooo.. Oh well)

Sorry that her ramblings turn into a large paragraph. I just see her character as nervous and when she has to confess, she ramblings on a lot. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS!! <3<3