Friendly bonding

Ezra's P.O.V

its been a week since that day at the beach and i feel a bit more confident in myself after what happened with Joey. something about talking with that boy boosted me and i dont have an idea why. but i gotta say i feel allot better having Sabine, Hera, Kanan, Zeb, and Chopper by my side really helps me though. aloo since what happened with Justin at school no one has picked on or bothered me i guess i scared them hehe. but i dont want to scare people like that i want them to trust me i want them to see me as a person not just someone to make fun of just so they can make themselves feel better. it was Saturday morning and i was Laying in bed with Sabine until i heard something downstairs.

i got up out of bed and put on some sweat pants and a sleeveless shit and walked downstairs but i couldnt find what that noise was. i heard it again it sounded like it was coming from the garage so i went there. i open the door and see Zeb at a punching bag looked like he was really getting into it. i decided not to disturb him. once he finished with he turned and seemed shocked to see me sitting there. "oh hey Ezra i didnt hear you come in." he said. "something woke me up so i decided to check out what it was." i told him. "oh sorry i didnt mean to wake you." "you didnt wake me i was just laying down Sabine was still asleep." i told him. "you 2 are getting pretty close aren't ya?" he asked. "yeah we are shes been my rock keeping me from going crazy. i guess working on the project has helped us grow too." i replied. "sounds like Sabine alright she would take any excuse to go draw or paint." he said laughing. "yeah i would too." i say glancing at the punching bag. "you wanna try a round?" he asked me. "uhh sure ill give it a shot." i say. we both walk to the bag and Zeb gets behind it to hold it steady. "take your time and make sure your jabs are straight." he tells me. i bring my right arm back and punch the bag it flys back and hits Zeb in the stomach. "man you got quite a jab." he tells me. "thanks." i say. 

after a little bit of time at the bag and Zeb helping me improve my movement and form he asks me. "have you ever tried sparring?" " yeah me and my friend used to all the time until i moved to rebel high." i tell him. "wanna try a round?" he asks with a smirk. "sure what the hell." i say excited. we bot get into our stances. "remember Ezra your light on your feet and fast you can use that to your advantage." Zeb tells me. "got it." i say. we circle each other a little before Zeb makes the first move. he throws a right jab at me witch i block with ease and return with my own. Zeb barely blocks it with his arm and steps back. he comes at me again and i side step him and throw my right arm around his shoulders and kick my leg behind his and push him back. he falls to the floor and kicks he left leg causing me to trip and he moves on top of me pinning my arms down with his legs. before he has time to do anything else i quickly bring my legs up and lock them around his stomach and use my position to pull myself out from under him. i twist my body and make Zeb fall on his side and i move on top of him. i grab his arm and fly to his side on my back and bring his arms between my legs and lock my ankles together around his left arm to keep him form getting up. i got him in a arm bar and he has nowhere to go. "yield." i tell him. he continues to struggle and i tighten my hold on him and ben his arm back just a little. "yield." i tell him again. this time he struggles a little before giving up and tapping my leg. i let go of Zeb and stand up and i help him up. 

"nice job Ezra." i head Chopper say. i turn and see the rest of the crew standing in the door way. "th-thanks uh how long you guys been there?" i ask. "since you quit the bag." Hera said. "kids got a good grip on him." Zeb said as he walks to us rubbing his arm. "sorry Zeb." i said " nah your good kid it happens when your doing stuff like this just ask Chopper." he told me laughing. i turn to see Chops nowhere to be found. "its embarrassing for him to talk about it." Sabine said making everyone laugh. "IS NOT!" we heard him shout. we all laugh and they proceeded to tell me what happened. i was laughing my ass off with them as the finished telling me what happened. "wait he really did that?" i ask still laughing. "yep he tried to put me in a triangle hold and ended up knocking himself in the nuts with my arm." Zeb said. i can tell this is gonna be a good year full of laughs. 

little bit of a short chapter but it was something i wanted to do see yall next time. ~Ryder