Loosing a Friend

Ezra's P.O.V

I was asleep in bed when I heard a weird noise that woke me. I opened my eyes and looked around nothing. I slowly got up out of bed careful not to wake Sabine and went to the Hallway. I stood there listening and heard the sound again coming from Maul's room. I went and opened the door and saw Maul standing there.

 "Ezra what are you doing there." he whispered. "I could ask you the same thing." I said closing the door. "Well you deserve to know im leaving." He told me. "What why?" I asked. "Ezra there's no denying that us both being here puts our friends in grave danger. You have a great life here and I will not put that at risk. if I can somehow draw there attention away from here if he his looking for us I can keep you and your friends safe." He told me walking toward the window. I was in shock I just got Maul back and know he was leaving again. "I. I dont know what to say I dont want you to leave but I cant stop you. I want to go with you believe me I do but i cant leave Sabine or the others." I told him tears starting to build up in my eyes. "Ezra your my brother and I will do whatever i cant to keep you from him. I left you alone with him and now im going to right the wrongs ive done." He said walking towards me. "You had to go I knew that and I never blamed you just please when this is all over come back I want to loose my older brother again." I said now crying we embraced each other as we knew we wouldnt see each other for a long time. "Keep safe Ezra and be good to Sabine." he told me rubbing my head. "Hey hey hey their hair man the hair." I said swatting his head away. We chuckled. He walked to the window and stepped out. "By Ezzy, be safe." He said smiling at me. "By Mauly, you to." I said mocking him. we took one last look at each other before he shut the window and disappeared into the dark. 

I locked the window before going back to bed. I crawled back up with Sabine when she asked me. "Where did you go I got cold?" I could tell she was still asleep. "I thought I heard something but it was nothing." i told her kissing her head. Soon after we were both asleep. Before I fell asleep I looked down at the beautiful girl before me. You will be safe with me i promise. i thought myself then the darkness took over me. 

    Next day 8 in the morning 

I woke up to a bright light hitting me in the face, I groggily got up and closed the shades and looked over to see Sabine still sleeping. I smiled and walked over to her placing a kiss on her forehead before putting on a shirt and going downstairs. "Good morning." I greeted as I saw Kanan Hera and Zeb up and eating breakfast. "Hey Ezra how are you holding up?" Hera asked giving me something to eat. "Ok I guess from what I can feel." I told her. She nodded at me before sitting next to Kanan. We made basic conversation until Sabine came running down the stairs. "Guys Maul's gone." She told us. Hera and Kanan ran upstairs to see if she was right and came back down. "Why would he leave?" Kanan asked. "Yeah uhh I think I might know why." I said sheepishly. "What's going on?" Hera asked more like demanded. "He left last night not long after we all went to sleep." I told her. "And you know this how?" Sabine asked me. "Remember when I got up last night. I heard something and went to Maul's room and saw him packing a few things." I told her. "And you didnt tell me why?" Sabine asked. "It was late and not the right time, but he told me that he was leaving because both of us being here was to much of a risk." I said. "But why we have everything under control." Kanan said. "Because we both knew he will be looking for us and Maul isn't someone hard to notice and Palpatine knows what he looks like. He said he was going to lead them away from us if he's even looking for me and him." I told them. "I wanted to go with him to keep you all safe but I couldnt leave." I finished looking down. "Ezra you dont have to leave and Maul didnt ether but it was his choice, but where a family and we stick together." Kanan said putting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled at him and we all finished breakfast. 

As we were walking to school i couldnt escape my head, a thousand thoughts running at once. The past couple months have been strange to say the least, all I did was gain things into my life. Safety, courage, friends, family, my older brother. But now I lost him and all the hurt I left behind is coming back. All i can hope for now is that I will see him again soon. Im yanked out of my thoughts when I heard someone speak. "Do you think he will come back?" Zeb asked. "I hope so, I really liked him." Chop says. "Me too." Sabine says. I nod in agreement but keep my head on straight and show no emotion to the situation. 

As the day went by not much changed, class was boring lunch had nothing of interest to offer. We had a test in history which I felt confident about, history is easy and simple but also complex. Otherwise same stuff different day, jokes and casual conversation boring lectures and food. Not much was said about Maul which im happy about, that night not much happened ether finished homework watched movies and played games before we all went to sleep