Eclipsed Part 2

Hello, I'm back! I took a short break for the holidays but I will try to update more frequently now. Hit me with any requests as I am not sure what to do next. Hope you like this continuation of the last story! 

~~~~~

When Byul woke she didn't know where she was. Or when it was, or for a moment who she was. It was like waking up in the middle of the night when you're a child and you forget for a moment every detail of your life. And then it comes rushing back and you can breathe again. Unfortunately for her breathing meant pain. Every breath reminded her that she had been shot in the abdomen and then dragged herself halfway across Seoul with a bullet in her stomach.

The room she was in was very dark. The only light she could see came from under the door, and it was very dim. So dim she could barely see her hand in front of her face. She couldn't move, even the slightest shift and fire shot up her side practically into her teeth. She could tell there were no painkillers in her system.

Suddenly the door opened and dim, yellow light flooded into the room, casting an angular shadow on the ground.

"Ah, you're awake." The stranger spoke, face eclipsed by the light behind them. They switched on a light in the room and Byul flinched as a lamp turned on beside her. She recognized the man from before she lost consciousness. He was not what he had expected her operator to look like. He was tall and slim and he had large, beautiful hands. He wore a pair of very normal looking glasses, framing warm brown eyes. He looked like a teacher or a doctor. Not an undercover spy that worked for an organization that put out kills on corrupt politicians.

"I'm Jin." He said, sitting down beside her bed. His lips were a soft pink and they turned upwards in a gentle smile. This was the man who was always making fun of her? This was the sarcastic bastard who had been talking in her ear for the past few weeks?

"You aren't what I expected." Her voice was raspy and hoarse and she coughed, the movement killing her.

"You're exactly what I expected." He said in that annoying, clipped tone of his. "Brash, hard-headed, stupid." He smiled ruefully. "Stunningly beautiful." Her heart dropped into her stomach at that. This man... calling her beautiful?

"So you're a flirt in real life as well." She said softly, trying not to cause herself to cough again. She could barely take the pain as it was.

He leaned in towards her ear, his warm breath ghosting along her jaw. "I'm more than a flirt Moon." She almost choked.

"Moon Byulyi. My name is Byul." He leaned back, smiling.

"Byul. Star. Moonstar. That's very clever you know." He reached his hands forward, fingers gently probing her side.

"Roll onto your side for me. I want to check on the wound." She did as he asked.

"You're a doctor?"

"Of sorts. I dropped out of med school halfway through."

"I wish you would have just said you were a doctor." He laughed, really laughed, and she recognized it instantly from the many times she had heard it in her earpiece. "Has anyone ever told you that your laugh sounds like a windshield wiper?" He chuckled.

"You would be surprised how many people tell me that."

"I'm not surprised at all, it's very striking - shit!" She flinched as he probed at the wound. He placed a steadying hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." She settled into the bed, sinking into his touch. Her side burned where she had been shot and her heart was beating quickly. "I'm sorry I don't have any morphine to give you." His voice was surprisingly tender and she felt herself ease at his words.