The Desire of the Sailor

Wow! Look at who's back. I'm sorry that it's been a minute, I had started working on this a while ago and then just didn't finish it. I started writing this part two and I got to 3000 words and I just felt like I was rushing the ending and so I've decided there is going to be a part 3! Hopefully, it won't take another several months for it to be published. Please enjoy and I'm sorry for the great delay. 

~~~~~

Yongsun sat on the dock as the sun set. They had delivered the cargo and collected their reward, to the great disappointment of their employer. This should have been a moment filled with joy for them, but instead, her heart was breaking. They had lost their captain, her closest friend, her sister really. They still weren't sure what had happened, but when she had gone down to check on Byulyi, she hadn't been in her cabin and the only sign that she had ever been there at all was the open window above her bed. It didn't make sense. She wouldn't have jumped from the window and she couldn't have fallen.

She should have stayed with her in the cabin. This was her fault. She let her head fall into her hands, too tired to let out the tears that were gathering in her eyes.

"Unnie." Yongsun looked up, seeing Wheein and Hyejin standing above her. Their faces were filled with concern.

"What's wrong?" Yongsun stood, clearing her throat. Wheein glanced at Hyejin, who nodded slightly.

"We want to go back for her." At first, Yongsun didn't understand.

"Eh?" Go back where? Wheein smoothed down her shirt and frowned slightly.

"There are stories of creatures that live in the uncharted waters. that come after storms and steal away sailors." Yongsun looked at the two younger women disbelievingly. Surely they didn't believe in stories like that? "We want to find her."

Hyejin placed a hand on Yongsun's shoulder. "I know it's farfetched unnie, but if it means we get her back, wouldn't it be worth it?" That stopped Yongsun in her tracks. If she could see Byulyi again wasn't anything worth it? She would travel to the ends of the earth, believe in anything if she had to, in order to see her friend again.

"I would do anything to see her again," Yongsun whispered. Wheein and Hyejin nodded.

"Then let's go get her."

~~~~~

When Byulyi woke up she was laying in a soft bed, with yellow light filtering in above her. When she opened her eyes she saw that the light was coming through a window beside her bed. She sat up quickly, making her head spin. The entirety of her last waking moments rolled over her like a wave. The storm, the siren, her promise. She gripped the windowsill and looked out on the slope of a mountain that ended in shoreline.

She heard a noise from the other side of the room and she saw a door open as she turned towards it. The siren looked different from the last time she had seen him. His eyes were no longer blue, but a warm brown and his hair was feathered over his ears like the down of a baby bird. He was wearing a loose white shirt and linen pants that ended above his bare feet. He looked ... human. His face was young, but his eyes held a sorrow that was not young.

"Are you well-rested?" His voice was low and melodic, making her knees feel weak. She sat down heavily on the bed, suddenly feeling unsteady, and in a moment he was kneeling beside the bed, a hand gently on her head. "Are you unwell?"

"No, I just -" She paused. It was all very overwhelming and she didn't know how to feel and instead of answering his question she let her head sink into her hands. The siren looked stricken and tilted her head in an attempt to catch her eye.

Moonbyul & Jin | OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara