Middle of the Night

This fic is inspired by Middle of the Night by Monsta X. I've been listening to it a lot recently and I was like I should write something about this. Hope you guys like it! 

Also - my new jinbyul short story  'The Prince's Guard' is up now! 

~~~~~

You make me wanna run it all back

Nobody's ever done me like that

I thought I'd never ever need you

Now all I wanna do is see you

But who, I don't wanna know

Where you wanna go

Who you're taking home

~~~~~

Byul's fists were clenched so tightly that her nails were digging into her skin. She had them shoved deep into the pockets of her suit jacket though, so no one could see her. Her jaw was beginning to hurt from how tense she was. She nearly jumped out of her skin when Yongsun placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Byul are you alright?" Yongsun peered into her eyes, holding a wine glass in her hand gently.

"Ne, just tired unnie." Yongsun glanced in the direction that Byul was looking and sighed.

"I know you better than that. We should just leave."

"Aniyo," Byul said it too quickly. "It's fine. It doesn't even bother me." Yongsun gave her a blank stare.

"Right, and the reason you've been staring daggers over at them is because it doesn't bother you," She deadpanned.

"It doesn't fucking bother me." The words came out harsher than she meant them and Byul immediately regretted it. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it out on you." Yongsun gave her a look.

"You've been taking it out on all of us recently. Just admit to yourself that it bothers you and then we can help you."

"Admitting that it bothers me is the same as admitting I need him. And I don't need him. I've never needed him." Yongsun scoffed.

"Right. When you're ready to admit that you've got your head up your ass come talk to me. Until then stop glowering over at them. You're making people uncomfortable."

Byul knew she should listen to Yongsun and so she began making her way to a darker corner of the room, but she couldn't help but steal one final glance in his direction. He was laughing with his group members. He looked good. Really good. His hair was purple and pink, a new look but one that took her breath away. He was dressed all in white and it made his eyes practically glow in the dim lights of the room. He was breathtaking.

And there was someone with him. A woman. Someone Byul didn't know. And his hand was on her lower back. The sight made her blood boil. Suddenly his eyes caught hers and she felt like she was frozen, all the sounds of the party died away and it was just the two of them. She had to hold herself back from calling out his name. The name she had refused to say for these long months. The name that she had ached to say. Jin.

His eyes snapped away and he turned his back towards her. The feeling in her disappeared and she continued walking towards the dark corner of the room hoping to find a bathroom. She stumbled into a bathroom and locked the door behind her. She hated these idol events. They made her nervous and put her on edge. And he was always here.