A Family's Love

WoW it's finally done! Hope you all enjoy :) 

~~~~~

Byul continued her search, working herself to the bone, but she was no closer to finding Jin's family at the end of three weeks of searching than she had been after the first day. She had looked in practically every place Jin could think of and yet she still could not find them. It was like they had disappeared. She was beginning to despair. As she thought about the possibility that she would never find Jin's family and thus never see her family again she started to imagine what an eternity on a half-spirit island with Jin would be like. And to her surprise, she wasn't as loath to accept it as she thought she might be.

The eternity on a half-spirit island part definitely scared her, but being with Jin didn't. In fact, she found the idea oddly comforting. And a small part of her began to hope she wouldn't find his family. Though it was a very small part of her and she was ashamed it existed.

One night after a particularly brutal day of searching Byul was sitting out on a balcony of the house. The house was about as real as the island which was to say not real at all and its shape and architecture were constantly changing. Sometimes it was a one-room treehouse, other times it was a multi-tiered mansion. It was exciting and exhausting to wake up in a different place every morning.

Her legs hung off the balcony and she blew her hair out of her eyes. She was exhausted from this searching. It was physically but also emotionally tiring. As if summoned by her moanings Jin was suddenly sitting next to her.

"Byul?"

"Mm," She could barely force herself to form words.

"I've been thinking," Jin's voice was hesitant which caused Byul to look over to him. He was wearing a loose white shirt and pants and his hair was hanging over his ears. "I think all of this searching is bad for you." That surprised her. She sat up a little straighter. "Don't misunderstand my words... but I think you should take a break." He took a shaky breath, refusing to look into her eyes.

She placed a gentle hand on his arm. He continued cautiously.

"It's not that I don't want you to find my family, but I'm worried about you. I don't want you to be unwell. I want to find my family as much as ever, but you're my family too now and I care about you as well." The words echoed his words on the Four Seasons and she shivered and maybe blushed a little too.

"You're my family now too," She whispered.

"Well we're all the other has at the moment so I should hope so." She laughed loudly and smiled widely at him. She was beginning to find that Jin could be just as sharp and witty as he could be soft and kind. He was many things and he was coming to mean many things to her.

~~~~~

Yongsun had been puking her guts up on the Black Swan for the past two days. She blamed it on Namjoon's driving. Though Hyejin couldn't seem to get enough of the tall captain with the cute dimples. She rolled her eyes before hurling overboard again. Jungkook appeared by her side and offered her a cup of water.

"Thank you," She croaked out.

"The water has been unusually choppy these past two days. Typically this pass is really calm." Yongsun gulped down the water and cleared her throat.

"It seems like the universe is working against us," She grumbled. Jungkook slapped her on the back heartily and she gave him an incredulous look.

"Don't let Yoongi Hyung hear you talking like that, he's very superstitious. He thinks it's bad luck to say negative things like that while we're on the sea." Jungkook smiled wryly at Yongsun while she continued to cough in annoyance.