Just a Game (corporate tension™)

CEO Moon and CEO Kim. An unlikely friendship of sorts has formed between two business moguls and they have a conversation at a business function. 

Lots of corporate tension and angst because who doesn't love some business-related drama. 

~~~~~

Jin was already tired of this party. It wasn't really a party so much as it was a chance for Seoul's elite to gather and brag and set up possible marriages between their children. Not that any of that pertained to him. He was new to this scene. He had developed a program that had boomed in the last year and suddenly he found he had more money than he knew what to do with. Of course, he still lived in his rooftop studio and he still biked to work every day. He supposed wealth hadn't quite caught up with him yet.

He leaned against a pillar in the shadows watching as business deals were being made and broken over caviar. It was very distasteful in his opinion, but his CFO had asked him to go in order to promote the newest release of their program. He had begrudgingly agreed. He grabbed a champagne flute off the tray of a passing server and tipped it back, hating that it was the best damn champagne he had ever had.

He hated everything about these "parties" and he hated the people that attended them. He was probably looking like he wanted to murder everyone within his line of sight because no one had approached him yet. This was how these usually went. He made an appearance so it got the wealthy elite of Seoul talking about his company, he didn't talk to anyone, then he went home at 11 and was in bed before the next day had started.

He pulled out his phone to scroll through his email, sighing when he saw there was a meeting with investors early tomorrow morning. He hated those almost as much as he hated these parties. Though he hated these parties almost more than he could stand, there was one thing about them that he didn't hate. And only one thing. He grabbed another flute of champagne, downing it quickly before walking towards one of the many french doors that led out to the garden.

This particular party was being held at someone's house and they had an extensive English-style garden that was lit by blazing braziers. It all felt very elite and exclusive, and though the gardens were beautiful he couldn't help but cringe at the excess of wealth displayed in it.

He wove through the crowd before exiting the open french door and finally let out the breath he had been holding in the entire night. The tie of his pink, silk shirt twirled in the wind, a soft summer breeze blowing through the garden. He played with the hem of his shirt which had become slightly untucked from his slacks.

There were no other sounds as he walked through the garden other than the clicking of the heels of his shoes. He didn't know exactly where he was walking to, but he had a feeling he should head towards the center of the garden. There was a bridge shaded by a weeping willow and he had a feeling he would find what he was looking for there.

The stars twinkled above him, and he felt the tension in his shoulders slowly drain away. He could almost see why people had gardens like this. They were beautiful and it felt peaceful in a sort of sterile way. He reached the bridge and ducked under a few of the tendrils of the willow. He smelled the scent of smoke and smirked, knowing his hunch had been right.

A woman in a stark gray suit was standing at the center of the bridge amidst the willow, smoking a cigarette. Her short brown hair fell to her shoulders and her eyes were fixed on a far point Jin could not see. She looked up at his footsteps and dropped her cigarette butt, stepping on it. The gesture was almost sweet; she knew he hated the smell of smoke.

"I thought you might find me. It took you longer than usual." She said, voice floating eerily over the water.

"Is this some sort of game to you?" He said, trying to keep a straight face but failing miserably.