Converse High

This was a request from @EstrellaLuna1222!

It's the 90s in Seoul. K-pop and the music and fashion inspired by it are becoming increasingly popular. It's a time of exciting innovation and freedom. In the midst of this lively time, two teenagers find themselves thrown together in detention. 

~~~~~

Jin was going to be late for school again. At some point, it had stopped bothering him so much, though there was still a tiny voice in the back of his head that nagged at him to hurry his friends along as they walked to school. Yoongi walked beside him, a cigarette hanging from his mouth, his tie askew. The youngest three were skipping ahead, not a care in the world.

"We're all going to get detention again," Jin grumbled. Namjoon clapped him on the back.

"Embrace it."

"Okay Mr. First-in-his-class, it's not like you're going to get in trouble. You can't do anything wrong in the teachers' eyes. I'm lower to middling and I can barely stay awake in most of my classes. I'm the type of student that teachers love to prey on." Yoongi scoffed.

"Hyung, stop complaining. It's unflattering." Jin huffed.

"Nothing I do is unflattering. I'm always handsome no matter what I do." Hoseok pulled out one of his earbuds. He was always listening to his walkman now, ever since his parents had given it to him.

"Hyungs have you heard Deux's new song? One day that's going to be us." Jin smiled at him.

"Hobi that's easy for you to say, you dance like you were born to do it. Some of us only have our pretty faces." Jin pretended to pout and the younger three pushed him around.

"Hyung you're so dramatic. And stop acting like you can't sing." Yoongi said, taking a long drag from his cigarette.

Up ahead the youngest three had started wrestling in the street and Jin sighed heavily.

"Why do I have to do everything?" He muttered, more to himself than anyone else. He picked up Jungkook by his collar, the youngest looking up with those wide doe eyes of his.

"Jungkookie, if you stain your uniform again your eomma is going to kill me. Please, for my sake, stop fighting in the street like a dog." Jungkook nodded silently. "And Jimin!" Jin rounded on the other boy. "Stop pretending to smoke! Just because Yoongi-ah does it, doesn't mean you can. Do you want to die?" Jimin smiled sheepishly, letting the cigarette drop from his mouth.

"Aish and Taehyung." He rounded on the other but then smiled. "Keep being a good boy." Jimin started to whine.

"Hyung! I wasn't even doing anything! Why does Tae always get off easy!"

"Jimin I swear I'll tell Chaeyoung you like her if you don't shut up."

"Hyung!" Jimin whined the rest of the way to school about how mean Jin was and he only shook his head. Being the mother of six idiot boys wasn't easy.

They finally arrived at the school and Jin buzzed around trying to make sure everyone was wearing their uniforms correctly and that no one was smoking. They might like being seen as bad boys, but Jin had a reputation as the most handsome man at school to uphold. He couldn't be dragged down by this riff-raff. As they walked towards the entrance he froze as he saw a figure gliding towards the school down the hill.

Moon Byulyi. She was the same year as him, but he had barely spoken two words to her. Not for lack of trying though. She was atop a skateboard, riding down the hill. She wore a pair of cuffed jeans and a white t-shirt tucked into them. A pair of beat-up red converse high-tops adorned her feet. She made them look practically regal. Her blonde hair fanned out behind her, tucked behind her ears. She had a walkman tucked into her waistband and as she passed them he could hear the music beating through her headphones.