Basketball Court

Just a high-school story about Byul the basketball player and Jin the shy boy. 

Also - thanks to everyone reading, I appreciate it! 

~~~~~

"Moon!" Byul spun on her heel and caught the ball before pivoting to shoot it. It bounced on the rim once before dropping into the net. She smiled, wiping the sweat off her face as her teammates high-fived her. Her friend Yoongi clapped her on the back as they lightly jogged back towards the other side.

"Nice shot Moon."

"Nice pass Suga." He flashed her a gummy smile before running off to defend. She stood in front of a girl who was a little shorter than her, keeping her hands above her. It was hot as hell on the court that day and Byul was dripping sweat by the time they were halfway through the game. It was just a friendly match during gym at school, but she still wanted to win. She always wanted to win.

Yoongi plopped down next to her on the ground as they drank their water. His blonde hair stuck to the back of his neck, his dark roots showing.

"I wouldn't have played if I knew it was going to be this hot." He complained.

"Yes, you would have." She said grinning. "You love beating Jayeon's ass." He smirked at that.

"It's just so easy to do."

"Don't talk shit now, we're down in the first." She swiped a piece of black hair out of her face before adjusting her cap on her head. There were some girls who had gathered around the fence to the court and they were whispering and pointing at one of the other players discreetly. Or not so discreetly. Jungkook. He was a few years younger than her and Yoongi and he was good too. He was good at everything. She flicked her hair in annoyance. Some people got all the luck.

Jungkook was currently in the process of taking off his sweat-soaked shirt and changing into another one.

"Show-off," Byul whispered. Yoongi smirked at her.

"If you hate it so much, why don't you do it?" He said, raising an eyebrow at her. Byul was never one to shy from a challenge so she shrugged.

"Okay," Yoongi's eyes widened.

"No, I didn't mean -" But she had already taken off her shirt and dropped it on the court. She pulled a fresh t-shirt out of her bag to pull on, but not before she heard loud exclamations and laughs. She brushed it off. So what? It wasn't like she cared what anyone else thought about her.

Except maybe...

When she glanced at the one picnic table that was a little bit away from the court she saw the boy who always sat there, reading, during lunch. Kim Seokjin. First in their class, absolutely brilliant, painfully shy. He had long black hair that hung a bit in his eyes, framed by wire glasses. Normally he only had eyes for his book, but right then his eyes met hers across the court and she was caught by his gaze for just a moment. He had dark brown eyes with long black lashes. His pink lips were slightly parted, and she could almost hear his breath passing through them. It was like her heart stopped for just a second before it raced into motion again.

Her shirt was still twisted in her hands and she suddenly broke his stare as she scrambled to put her shirt on. She would never live this down. He had just seen her without her shirt on. She was such an idiot. She sat down next to Yoongi, feeling boneless, her cheeks flaming.

Yoongi was laughing uncontrollably.

"You'll never build up the courage to talk to him now." He said, shaking her shoulder.