Part 1: nowhere to run

I look around, I'm inside some sort of container,
It's traveling fast, when I look up, it looks like it's going to hit something.

What the hell?

"Help!" "Someone?!" "Where the hell am I?" I yell,

No use.

I sit down before I feel like I'm gonna fall and crash.

This thing just stops.
I'm in the corner trying to think, hell I can't remember anything now that I think about it.

A bright light shines above me and I shield my eyes.

I hear people talking. Finally my eyes adjust,
all I see are at least a dozen boys, staring at me.

One of them jumps down into the box.
I back up all the way until my back hits a bunch of crates.

He turns to face up to the rest of them who are all asking questions here and there.

I look at the boy who jumped in, he had dirty blonde hair and was pretty slim but yet still muscular.

"It's a girl."

He holds a hand out to me.

I take his hand cautiously,
When he helps me out and I look around.

I have no clue where I am.

I see small buildings, crops, trees, lots and lots of dudes, but what stands out most are the huge walls surrounding the place, they look at least 100 feet tall, easily.

One part of me wants to run straight into the opening of the walls, It could be a way out.

I turn around to see the blonde boy that originally helped me out.

"I'm sure you have plenty of questions, come with me, I'll give you a tour."

"The name's newt." He tells me.

"I uh.." I think for a second,
"I can't remember my name."

"don't worry, it happens to everyone."

"You'll get your name back in a day or two, it's the one thing they let us keep."

"They?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Don't worry too much about it, nobody really knows who 'they' are anyway." "We don't know why we are here either." "Follow me."

I decide to follow him.
"This, is the glade." He speaks.

He looks around, I don't say anything.

"We all have jobs here, we have the track-hoes, I'm the keeper of that, builders, self explaining, gally over there is the keeper of them, we have sloppers, cleaning basically, med jacks, bricknicks and slicers" he points to a few people.
"And of course the runners."

We are standing near the opening, I walk toward it,
He stops me immediately.

I stare at him, "What's out there?"

"We call them grievers, no ones ever actually seen one, and lived to tell the tale."

He changes the subject,
"Why don't I introduce you to some of the gladers."

I stop him, "Are there any other girls here?"

He looks at me, "No, actually you'd be the first, we were quite surprised but don't worry you'll do fine here."

We continue walking near a hut, I see two people inside, "This is Clint and Jeff, they're our med jacks, take care of anyone who gets hurt, they also just spend a lot of time bandaging up the slicers."

"New greenie?" Jeff asks.

"Yep." Newt responds.

Jeff looks at me, "Nice to meet you." He politely says.

"You as well." I respond shyly.

Newt waves me over to continue, "Oh look, here comes Minho now." He waves the other boy over.

"Hey Minho." Newt calls to him,

He jogs up to us, he looks a bit shocked,

"A girl." Minho states more than questions,

"Yep." Newt responded once again,

"Cool." Minho replies and jogs off.

We walk up to a kitchen area, "This is frypan, most of us just call him fry." Newt says, the other boy waves and smiles.

I give a small friendly smile in return.

"He's the cook of the glade." Newt states.

Newt starts walking again and I follow,
we come up to another boy.

"This is alby, our leader."

"Nice to meet you greenie."

He gets straight to the point.
"I'll just let you know we only have three rules here, first pull your weight, we have enough work without slackers here. Second, never harm another glader. And last, never go outside these walls, that's the runners job."