Part 3: greenbean

Your POV

I wake up in the medic hut, I hear a loud commotion, yelling coming from outside, I decide to check it out, but when I try to get up, I feel dizzy and fall straight to the ground.

I groan and mumble, "damnit."

I grab onto a table like structure, I pull myself up, I muster all the strength I have to check out the yelling.

As I slowly make my way out of the hut I see alby, gally, newt and another boy.

I've never seen him before, I couldn't have been out that long, I take a few steps closer to the yelling, nobody spots me yet.

"I swear, if she doesn't wake up TODAY, I'm going to kill you gally." Newt lashes out.

"C'mon, it's really not my fault man.." Gally says calmly.

Newt lunges forward but Alby and the other guy grab him and restrain him before he could do anything.

I'm frozen for a Moment,

I study the new boy, his dark brown hair, muscular yet slim build, he's very cute I must admit.

I snap out of it when I see the new boy yelling, fighting to hold Newt back.

Gally watches at a distance, mocking newt.

I jog up to them, "What's going on?"

Newt looks up from where the boy has him pinned, his eyes go wide.

The new guy looks more confused than anything.

"Y/n? You're awake." Newt quickly pushes the other boy off, Alby had already let go.

Before I could respond newt runs to me and attacks me with a bear crushing hug, we stay there for about two whole minutes until I speak up.

"You can let go now."

"You bloody scared me."

Newt grabs my hand,

"No worries really, I'm tough."

The new boy comes up to us as the rest of the group walks away.

"I thought you said there was no girls in the glade?"

I drop newts hand, he looks taken aback for a moment,.

I hold a hand out to the new greenie,

He shakes my hand,

"you remember your name?" I ask him,

"Thomas, my name is thomas."

"Wow, you got your name back already?"

Newt interrupts, "gally knocked it into him."

"I guess gally is good at that huh."

newt gives me a look, bad timing, maybe,

"He's an asshole." Thomas says,

I smile at Thomas,

"He grows on you."

He gives me a look, one that says 'really' or 'you sure about that?'

I shrug.

Newt says he has to go do something for a moment and leaves me and Thomas alone,

"What happened anyway? What newt was so angry about before." Thomas asks me.

"Uhm, let's just say Gally doesn't go easy on anyone, including myself." I look into thomas's dark brown eyes, they are gorgeous, "and yourself."

My smile never really does leave my face.

Thomas nods, "soo...are you and Newt, together?"

"Where'd you get a silly idea like that from? He's just a good friend."

I shake my head trying to laugh off the thought of me and newt together.

That's crazy, I don't think that would be possible, and love in the glade, no way, not in a place like this.

Thomas puts his hand on the back of his neck,

"Oh I don't know, you two just seem close."

"Well sure we are, I like most of the gladers around here, they're cool for the most part, I have a feeling you and I will be good friends too."

"How long have you been here?"

"You really do like asking questions."

"They told you that, huh."

"Yep."

I look up at the sky and it's getting late, Minho and Alby left awhile ago while we were all talking,

hopefully they get back soon but for now we should get under something before it rains,

I throw a friendly arm around Thomas's shoulder,

he allows me to do so,

"Let's go, before it rains."

I push down the worries for Minho.

Me and Thomas approach newt and a lot of other gladers under a shelter.

Newt doesn't look very happy.

I remove my arm from Thomas's shoulder and meet up with Newt, Thomas goes his separate way as well.

*leave suggestions for future chapters, things you'd like to see, things I can improve on.
As a reader who do you want to end up with, Thomas or Newt?

Don't forget to vote<3 it costs nothing for a smile.

Authors note^