Phase 1: The Go-Getter

Soft summer air.

The scent of grass.

Laughter as she sat atop Jason's shoulders,  giggling as he goofed around with her in the meadows just outside of Metropolis. 

"Jayjay?" She cutely called out his name, her voice tinny and small and ever so adorable.

"Yes, doll?" He set her down, plopping down next to her in the field. She snuggled up into him, and Jason felt his heart melt.

 Oh, how this kid made him feel like the greatest brother in the world.

 Her twin would've murdered Jason if he even dared tried to hug him, but she herself adored affection and often bounced around Jason for his hugs. 

It was nice, hugging someone that meant the world to him, though he had no idea how she managed to steal away his heart in the first place. He couldn't remember how Aria and he had gotten so close, but he didn't care.

She was his little sister. Along with Cassie, of course, but Cassie  could protect herself.  Cassie had seen horrible things, had stopped horrible things, and Cassie was one of the strongest kids he knew.

Aria however, was the only innocent one left in their family, and Jason was determined to keep it that way.

"Jayjay."

"I'm listening."

"How come everyone keeps me away from you guys at nighttime? Why can't I help the city like you guys?"

Jason clicked his tongue. "Because you have no need to. We've got enough full seats, and we want to protect you from the nightlife in Gotham, mkay?"

"But I wanna feel useful too sometimes. It gets boring being a cornerman."

" 'Cornerman'? Did Tim let you watch MMA again?"

"...Maybe?" She laughed at Jason's sour expression.

"We keep you away from that world because it's very, very dark, doll." Jason brushed her hair behind her ear, pecking her forehead gently. "And you're our little sister, our little light."

"What's the point of a light if it's always in the shadows?"

"...."

"...."

"....."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait a minute-"

Jason laughed hard, ruffling her hair.  "Come on, doll, let's get ice cream."

"Ooh! Rocky road, please!"

*************************************************************************

Heels clicking against the dark grimy brick, Aria Al Ghul primly walked through the old subway tunnel. Sharp underground air swirled around her as she breathed deeply, strolling deeper through the black market weapons sale. Ignoring the several eyes that stared on after her and reveling in the infatuated glances of ogling men, she silently continued on, eyes tracing over every new state-of-the-art weapon that was out for grabs.

Now that she was in place for the first phase of their plan, Aria was back on the payroll, and she had another target to take out. 

She loved keeping her hands full with things to do, but now she was ever the more amused. Her old city was ground zero for the plan, and boy, was it good to be 'home'.