Phase 3: Glitching Foundations

Aria lay on the leather couch, humming a quick happy tune as she typed away at her Wayne Tech tablet, ignoring the mound of homework she had.

"Hey, Dami?" Her voice echoed through the room once again, calling out like a songbird for her twin brother to answer.

However, to Damian, the voice was nothing more than an annoying parrot, repeating the same phrase over and over just to catch his attention.

Perhaps he'll concede to this one, he thought, looking up once from his work to see the girl sprawled in a twisted position on the cushions that rivaled those of Grayson. He bit back a smirk.

"What do you want, Aria?"

The sound of graphite scratching against paper, the blanks of his math homework filling up with correct calculations. The quite blatant ignoring of the empty sheet next to him that was meant for his sister to fill out, the lacing of irritation through his voice.

Aria didn't notice any of that, lighting up at the sound of her brother finally responding to her.

"Have you ever wondered what we'll do when we turn into grownups?"

"I'll become Batman." Damian said ever so simply. "After Grayson, of course. He deserves it first."

"You'd be a good Batman, but then I'd never get to see you!" Aria hummed, a pout over her face as she turned onto her back, her legs now twisted in an even stranger position.

Damian glanced over once in contempt, only to feel a bead of sweat drop down his neck at the sight of Aria almost folding her spine in half without even thinking about it.

Absolutely terrifying, he mumbled to himself.

"Shut up, idiot. You'll see me all the time. Unfortunately." He added the last part under his breath.

"Maybe....together we could run Dad's company, right?"

"Father's company will probably be run by Drake. He's more proficient in that field."

"Did... did you just compliment Timmy?"

Damian stiffened, glaring over at her. "No I didn't."

"You called him profishing." Aria giggled, kicking her feet up in the air and wiggling her toes.

"P-r-o-f-i-c-i-e-n-t, you insolent swine."

More giggles from Aria, bright and airy, filling the room. "No, but what do you really want to do when we grow up?"

"If we grow up."

A slipper came flying into the living room, whacking Damian in the back of his head.

He yelped, whipping around to see a furious Dick Grayson silhouette in the kitchen across the floor, and he could already sense the warning in his glare.

Damian shivered, rubbing the back of his skull, turning back to Aria with a sigh. Guess he had to amuse her whims, in the least to save himself from a passive aggressive Grayson's  wrath.

"When we turn eighteen, you can design batarangs for me. I'll be probably really busy, I don't know if I can spend the day with you then." Damian ventured confusedly, not sure what Aria really liked.

Aria scowled a bit, eyes staring to water.

Grayson grabbed his nearest slipper.

Damian shivered a bit and forced a smile. "How about... you plan our eighteenth birthday?"