Phase 2: Blue Bird Down

A/N: The only reason why I'm talking before the chapter is because if I add an A/N to the bottom, it kinda ruins dramatic effect. 

Oh? Dramatic effect? You might be wondering, what could this shitty author possibly be on about? Let's just say, I may seem to be a sadist by the end of this chapter (if you manage to stay through the whole thing and not throw up).  

About 2498 words, all written in one sitting. So obviously, it's unedited, and plain stupid. Well I might be moving fast,  but I dont want this book to be as long as Little Beacon. That drained me so much. Don't worry, this just means more action-packed chapters. 

 You might need to sit down for this chapter.  And I will mention, that by the end of this, you might want to kill me. I will accept my fate only if you come after me with a silver sword. 

Heh.

Suffer.

******************************************************

"You're pathetic, Aria! Absolutely pathetic! You're of no help whatsoever!"

The girl had just tried to sew up the Robin suit, it being torn from her brother's previous mission. He had gotten injured, and was ever so upset that his suit was ruined, so she wanted to help.

 Little did she know that she'd accidentally sewn through a nanotech system, causing it to malfunction.

Now the suit lay on the ground, her careful stitching ruined as well from Damian's anger, and it was all she could do not to burst into tears.

She just wanted to help.

"How was she supposed to know, Damian?  We never let her anywhere near the Batcave. How would she know about your nanotech?" Dick tried to calm his brother down, seeing the barely hidden guilt on Aria's face. The rain outside seemed to get even harsher, as they stood around the dining table.

"Don't touch things that don't belong to you! All you'll do is ruin them! Stupid!" Damian hissed, annoyed. "Now I'll have to owe Drake a favor, goddammit, and I won't be able to head on patrol for a week."

Aria wanted to open her mouth, to defend herself, to try and find a way to show Damian that she was sorry she was Aria, sorry she accidentally ruined the Robin suit. Instead she just stared at the ground, her hands wrung together, feeling like a criminal.

"That was a ten thousand dollar system she broke." Tim's voice came tiredly from the kitchen, hiding a layer of irritation. "I think Damian's entitled to a little angry. I'll never admit I said that, though."

Dick huffed. "Anger, sure, but full on attacking her?! That isn't fair!"

"Why do you care?" Tim shot back. "You're always away. You don't know what truly goes on in here."

Quiet, then Damian's accusing words, slicing through the silence and stabbing into Aria, shattering what was left of her.

"I can't believe Mother even let you be born, Aria. I can't believe she kept you."

Those words were it.

Aria bit her lip, tears welling in her eyes as she let out a shaky breath. She turned around, ignoring Damian's irritated "What the hell do you think you're walking away from?" and started moving away.

Step after step. Farther and farther, each step taking her away, each step bringing her towards what would be her end.

Then the steps grew louder, and faster, and with a choked sob, little Aria ran as fast as she could out of the Manor.