~Chapter 18~

ANNABEL FLEMING

Water

I need to disinfect the wound. I need to get to sterile water. I'm sure Harry isn't far out of the hall, but I think I've made my way through this cabin enough times by now to know how to escape safely.

I'm still wearing the bra that Harry gave me and it has a wire in it just like my swimsuit did.

But I need to be extremely careful and I need to have a plan. I can barely stand the pain that is coming from my side, so it's going to be hard to try and run with it.

If I could just get to the ocean where the saltwater is...

Saltwater is actually good for wounds if it's the only option, but just salt alone is a big no. I need to wash this cut-out and see it up.

Maybe I could somehow sneak to that awful torture room and steal a few of those tools to be used for something better than torturing people. I need to know where Harry is, so I can know if my plan is going to work.

I slowly push myself off of the ground and a tiny wince escapes me when the stinging gets worse from my cut. The whole left side of my body is on fire from the wound, this means I only have one good leg to run with. Tears begin to fill my eyes from the pain, but I immediately blink them away.

No Anna. You can do this, but you have to be strong. You can not let Harry defeat you.

I stand up straight and let out a shaky breath before walking towards the door. Once I start to walk, the pain isn't as bad as it was the moment I stood up, but it still hurts. When I make it to the door, I press my ear against the cold wood to try and hear any noises coming from outside of the door.

I hear nothing but silence and that only makes me apprehensive about what is going to happen if I get this lock undone again. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

You've got this Anna, you're a bad bitch remember?

I open my eyes and now my brain is solely focused on fixing my injury, no matter what I have to do. I am not going to die alone in this room on an island full of people who don't smile.

I take my light pink and green striped shirt off along with my bra, finding the wire and taking it out. I put my shirt back on and pull my orangish overalls back over my shoulders. This bra's wire is not quite as thick as my swimsuit one was, but I'm sure it will work just as well. I have to think positive because if I wasn't, my injury would be too painful to walk and I would be getting absolutely nowhere at all.

After two tries of picking the lock with the thin wire, I hear the familiar sound of that little click that makes my heart skip a beat in excitement.

See Anna? Bad bitch.

The doorknob twists right open and I walk out of that shit hole that I have been calling a room, leaving only my bra behind. I look to my right and left knowing there are two ways I could approach this. There is the safe way and the dangerous way.

If I go left, I could go down the stairs that lead to that same exit I escaped from last time and go straight to the ocean. But if I go right, it would lead to the front door which is right next to the living room. The door for the torture room in there. The only way to get the tools I need is to go right. I take a deep breath before stepping towards the right side of the hallway.

My shoes are not on my feet because I took them off sometime when I was in the cabin alone, not having clue what would happen to me in future hours.

I step silently on the breaking stairs, making my way down faster than I thought. I actually make it to the bottom stair and there is no sign of Harry around, which makes me do a small victory dance in my head.