~Chapter 23~

Present time

ANNABEL FLEMING

"Anna I told you to get to work," he says. He doesn't look mad but he seems really frustrated. He is so on edge that he is constantly checking the clock. I feel like he is ready to tear this place apart if he has to stay in here any longer. I know exactly what that feels like.

I slowly stand up and start to make my way to the kitchen. I'm so freaking starving since I haven't eaten since the diner. I'm glad I ordered that extra burger.

Harry walks in and he doesn't even make eye contact with me he heads straight to a locked cabinet where he pulls out a bottle of bourbon. He takes off the cap and takes a long swig before he turns to me and hesitates before speaking.

"You need to clean the torture room right now."

"No, Harry I can't go back down there," I say my hands start shaking just at the thought.

"I'm not asking. Get down there," he says getting angrier by the second. I don't listen to him, I just open the fridge and take my burger and fries out. He suddenly grabs my hand out of nowhere and starts to drag me towards the room.

"No Harry don't do it please," I say tears escaping as I try with all of my might to dig my feet in the ground to stay in place.

He completely ignores me and continues to drag me by the hand towards the rug which covers the trap door.

"Why are you such a monster?" I yell so loud that it comes out as a hoarse squeak. My throat is so dry, I need water. I used to be so hydrated back when my life was normal. At one point I would carry around a jug of water with motivational words written on it. It would always help me drink a gallon of water a day with ease.

"Trust me I wasn't always this way Sunflower," he says without looking at me. I couldn't see his face, but by the way, he said it I could tell he was speaking through his teeth.

What does that even mean? Is he ever going to explain his sentences? If he has an origin story to all of his madness I would like to hear it. But I could probably never understand how a person could act the way he does.

He continues pulling me and I continue to rebel against him as I use all of the force I have left in me to pull away from him. We are a foot away from the trap door and I am just about to give in when there is a bang on the door.

"Fuck," Harry says as he continues walking towards the trap door.

"Harry, mate will you open this door? Bloody hell," I hear Liam's British accent and I know Harry will stop now. He reluctantly let go of my arm.

"Don't move," he tells me with a stern look on his face.

"Yes sir," I say in the most sarcastic voice I could muster up. He turns around and gives me a smug smirk before continuing to walk to the door.

I am still shaking from the thought of Harry making me go back into that terrible place. Who does that?

As Harry makes his way to the door, I begin to wonder if any of his friends know how psycho he actually is. From what I know, they think I am Harry's girlfriend instead of a random girl who was kidnapped and is being tortured in this place.