~Chapter 9~

ANNABEL FLEMING

"That's it! That is the one," Lana shouts as I come out of her bathroom dressed in a light purple dress. I know this is the dress that looks the best out of all of the horrible outfits she made me try on, but I still don't want to wear it. It looks very Eroda and I am not sure that I can pull it off.

"I don't know," I mumble looking at myself in her body mirror.

"Can you just pick a fucking dress already? I'm ready to get so drunk that I don't remember my name. This day has been far too long," Jenny groans from the fluffy pink couch where she is laying. She is wearing a short black dress without straps and her hair is covered by a hat again. Lana is wearing a similar dress to the one I have on, but it is a hot pink color and her hair is teased up really high in a beehive again. The beehive style is kind of like her signature hairdo, I'm guessing.

"Come on Annabel you look great!" Lana tells me with a positive attitude. "We just need to do something about your hair now!"

"What? No, I don't think that is nec-" before I can finish my sentence, Lana has me by the arm and is pulling me to her makeup mirror in her room. I catch a glimpse of Jenny who has an evil smirk on her face as I am sat in the chair. Lana starts to run fingers through my hair and I am getting nervous.

"Lana please don't do anything too extravagant," I beg as I watch Jenny's amused reaction grow from behind me through the mirror.

"Why not? Extravagant is good!"

"Please! I just don't want to have crazy hair, I'd rather just wear a hat,"

"Ugh," she frowns and then mumbles. "You sound just like Jenny," she says. That immediately makes me feel bad. I would never want to be compared to Jenny.

"Fine," I give in. "Just please, not too wild," I beg her.

"You're really no fun, but I guess I can just crimp it," she tells me and pulls out a crimping iron from a drawer to the left of me. It's odd to me how friendly Lana is, but she still never cracks a smile or a laugh. I don't understand how these people live without smiling and laughter. A day without smiling is like a year without rain for me. I have to smile to make myself feel okay. If I don't smile, I don't feel like me.

After a few minutes, my hair is crimped and is really big. I look like a character straight out of an 80's movie.

"One more thing," Lana says, pulling a brush from another drawer beside me. She brushes my hair into a very tight ponytail. It is so tight that the skin on my face feels stretched. It isn't that tight, but it is tighter than I am used to my ponytail being. She wraps a piece of hair around my ponytail, covering the ponytail holder that was holding my hair together. "There, I'm all done," she pats my back and I stand up.

I walk back over to the mirror and see my reflection

I walk back over to the mirror and see my reflection. My hair actually doesn't look half bad the more that I look at it, especially in this dress. I look like I am a full Erodian now. I don't like it either. I am not from Eroda, this isn't my home. My home is where my friends are, where my future is...was. Maybe I am an Erodian now.