Bad Idea!

cw: murder

"Oh C'mon."
You both groan when your boss tells you that you'll be working together. You look at his smug face. Arrogant, disgusting, rude, cocky, motherf-

"Her? Really?" His harsh words interrupt your thoughts.

"Yes William, really. I'll fire your ass if that's how you'll choose to act." Mr. Benstro, your boss, spits at Gold, as he deserves.

"Nononono, It's fine." He assures, putting his hands slightly in front of his chest to signal Mr. Benstro to calm down. "It'll be nice working with you, L/N." He states through gritted teeth, holding up a hand for you to shake. You look at it and raise a brow, then switch your eyes back up at the giant standing before you. That so-called giant twitches his head, nodding to Mr. Benstro. Right, work. You take his hand and shake it once, connecting your eyes.

"Pleasures all mine," you smile at him, "asshole." You mutter the last part so only you two can hear. Mr. Benstro pats you both on the back, slips the case file into Golds' other hand and walks away. You and Gold remove your hands from each other and drop the fake smiles.

"Well, L/N, I'm sure you're as joyed as I am to be working together on this case."

"Cut the bullshit, what's in the file?" You snapped at him.

"Okay... somebody's just DELIGHTFUL today, isn't she?" He retorts, dragging out the o on 'okay' and over exaggerating the 'delightful.' He licks his thumb and opens the case file. "The usual, some crazy man with lots of money has fun corrupting, kidnapping, and killing people."

"That's it? No picture? No background information?" You grab the file from his hands. He stays frozen in the position he was in while holding it for a second, processing your action. He relaxes and leans against a wall, straightening his suit jacket. You hold the case file open with your thumb in the middle and the rest of your fingers on the back of the folder. You look down from Gold and skim the page. Very little information, you know his friends, what color his affiliates and himself wear, and his skill set. That's the basics, stuff you could find in an hour typically. You turn the one page you were given, desperately checking the back. That one page literally all you have. You swear the room gets darker and the white noise gets louder as your deepest thought hits you. This is all you have. Soon fake names for the both of you will be put on this case. This man will not stop until he finds who the real people on this case are, and he will kill them. He will kill you. You could die and this is all you have.

Gold must have noticed you're thinking this deep as he snapped in front of your eyes. "I know I'm mesmerizing love, but you don't have to slip into a trance every you see me." Cocky son of a bitch. He strokes your cheek with his hand, teasingly furrowing his eyebrows and pouting. "Is lil y/n okay?" He bats his eye lashes, knowing he's getting on your nerves. You quickly grab his wrist and pull it down meeting his eyes.

"I hope you die first not me." You say with one hundred percent honesty. He chuckles n makes sure his shoulder hits you as he walks away. You both turn around, him so he's facing you. He continues to walk backwards.

"Let's get to work, shall we?" He smirks menacingly, turning around on one foot, the other hanging outwards, to make a full circle. He walks up to his computer and begins furiously typing away, trying to find more information. You follow, going to your own.

-

A couple hours later, Niki, your favorite co-worker, comes in reeking of hazelnut due to the four coffees coming from her hands. She hands one to you, one to Gold, one to Floris, and one to Darryl. You all thank her individually and smile at her. You cannot dislike Niki, she's amazing. You start doodling away waiting for the firewall to break when Gold pulls some type of food out. He takes a singular pretzel out and puts it in his mouth and begins chewing loudly on pretzels, staring at you.

"Hey, ass-hat, some of us are trying to work, quit chewing." You huffed.

"Mm... no!" He smiles. He sticks another handful in his mouth and chews loudly, this time with his mouth open.

"William G-" You start but get cut off by Floris.

"Aye, Will, cut the chewing man."

"Only because you asked Floris." He puts the pretzels away. You start muttering your string of insults about him again, only this there's more.

"Arrogant, prick, son of a bitch, who looks like a blow dried mop stuck on a bean pole."

"What was that, L/N?" He asks.

"Oh nothing." You respond, letting your lips curl upwards. Your computer makes a ding sound which draws your attention back to it. "Gold, I think I found something." You say quietly. Gold walks over to you.

"What the hell does that even mean? How'd you get to this?" He stares at your screen, dumbfounded. The fact that he calls himself smart...

"So I started by just searching the dark web for characteristics. I was then lead to his website on here. His name however is titled 'Unknown until you pay-' as you see there." You pause to point at the name. "So I start checking his chats- only he had such an intense firewall on here that it took twenty minutes to crack, hence why I've been doodling dumb shit. Then, I found out he keeps his word. THAT is his name." You emphasize the THAT, pointing a his name.

"Dream?"