4 am

cw: guns, death

You both stare at the screen.
You stare blankly, no thoughts. Where do you go from here? You have his screen name- which brings you no closer to his real name.

"Well, let's get in contact with him and figure out a way to infiltrate." Gold says, breaking the silence. You nod.
Dream.
Dream.
Dream.
Why do you remember the name?
You're broken out of your thoughts by a pat on your shoulder.

"Are you alright?" It's Niki. You nod and smile.

"The name sounds familiar 's all." You look up at her. She nods and goes back to her desk. You stand up from your desk then crouch down to pack up. You grab the cracked leather bag and start placing all of your personal things in there. This is gonna be a long ass case. Mr. Benstro walks in, cracking his knuckles nervously.

"There's been a change in the case, Y/N, William, please come with me." You both glance at each other, furrowing your eyebrows. You may hate the guy but you can both agree this was strange. You look away and pull your bag, or as your roommate Eret calls it- your man purse, over your shoulder. That never made sense to you, you're a woman, how's it a man purse n where did he come up with the name? You shake your head, smiling at the thought of your best friend. You run to catch up with Gold and Mr. Benstro. The short pudgy man holds open the door, you and Gold both walk in quickly, sitting down leaving a chair inbetween you two. "I'm aware you two don't get along," he starts to which you both nod, "but you're going to have to learn." You shrink in your seat at this. Great. Just what you needed, a talk about how the both of you act.

"Sir, with all respect, what does this have to do with the case?" William says, clearing his throat and crossing one leg while adjusting his suit jacket.

"Well, we realize that you both have gun experience," you cringe at the memory of being in the field and watching your friend Johnathon Schlatt get shot. He was so close to you and the last words he said in an attempt to make you laugh were "I love you, but you're hella hot right now." Stupid republican, he then slowly closed his eyes as you repeated his name over and over again. That's the only moment you didn't have Gold. He had to pull you away from the body and you just cried. He just held your arms. You both never speak of it. You get pulled out of your thoughts by the sound of your name. "Y/N. Are you here?" Benstro questions, snapping in front of your eyes. You nod.

"Yes, sorry sir." You swallow hard, folding your hands.

"Right.. anyways, I need you two to learn to get along because you're the best we have. We need you two to work together to do this, not apart."

"Sir, once again, how is this a change in the case?" Gold asks again, unfolding his legs.

"I'm getting there Gold, I'd watch your mouth." Benstro spits back. He clears his throat and blinks slowly. "Y/N, do you and Eret still live together?" You do a big toothy smile and perk up in your seat, you love Eret.

"Yes sir! She's probably making food for Luna- our cat right now." Benstro was aware Eret used all pronouns and respected it, as did everybody else in your work place. They all love Eret, she's a literal ray of sunshine. Benstro smiles at your excitement, as does William. Cocky man-whore.

"Can you get them in here?" You nod.

"Do you want me to call them in here?" He nods. You pull out your phone, using your thumb to open it and then calling Eret. They pick up almost immediately and you have to pull your phone away from your ear because of how loud they are.

"HEYYYYYY BITCH! I'm in the strawberry dress with Luna- you okay?" You laugh.

"Yeah bub I'm okay. Benstro wants you to haul down here."

"I don't even work there bruh." They groan.

"Please? I don't want to be fired." You ask softly.

"'Ight. You're lucky I love you." You both hang up. It's nice to have that refreshment of Eret.

"The apartment is only five minutes away, they'll be here soon. Why did you need him?" You ask, the smile on your face going away.

"Let's wait for them."

-

"I'm here!" Eret opens the door enthusiastically, their deep voice ringing in your ears.

"Please, take a seat." Benstro says quietly.

"The energy is not nice, ooh! I'll sit between the obvious best friends!" They take a seat between you guys and pats your knee. "The fuck am I here for?" They whisper to you. You shrug and change your position so you're leaning against them.

"This is a lot to take in, but please- listen." Benstro asks. Eret takes your hand, intertwining your fingers and squeezes lightly.
"The case has gotten more urgent- as a young boy is now on their watch list. His name is Thomas Simons, he's only sixteen." You eel your stomach drop, a kid? They're going to kill a kid? "Now, the reason we needed Eret is here is because we need you to keep quiet." Eret nods quickly. Benstro diverts his attention back to you and Gold. "You both have gun experience and you're the best we have," He swallows. "You're going undercover."