My Girl

"I GOT YOUR PICTURE; I'M COMING WITH YOU! DEAR MAR-"
You grab your phone, silencing the loud song projecting your alarm, a strange cold wraps around your torso where Eret's hands once lay.

"Get up sleepy, he's already here." Eret yells from the kitchen. The words process and you shoot up in bed, running to your bathroom. You brush your hair and make yourself look as presentable as possible, not caring about Eret's oversized shirt that was tucking into the shorts you wore. You walked out of your room, seeing your one and only "husband" standing across the island in your apartment from your best friend, who's making eggs. He seems to take you in, looking you up and down, you scowl in his direction.

"Morning Mrs. Soot." He says, leaning on your counter, sipping a cup of coffee. A smirk shows over the cup.

"Fuck off." You grunt in his direction, proceeding to sigh and grab a mug of coffee. With your free hand you reach up and rub Eret's shoulder, leaning into his side while glaring at the boy across from you. "It's 5:45... why are you here?" You question him, as Eret's free arm wraps around your waist pulling you closer. To an outside view, you look like you're in love, William is not an outside view. He smiles at the pair of you, his eyes catching yours before he clears his throat.

"Felt like coming early and seeing my favorite person," he chuckles, "Eret." He winks at you, standing up straight. You roll your eyes and feel Eret's shoulders shake with laughter as his deep chuckle ripples through the air. He slaps the eggs onto a plate, you laugh at the aggressiveness, having to pull your mug away from your mouth. Your laughter fills you up, making you forget about the issue at hand. It feels warm, like a fireplace right after playing in snow. Granted, it's the middle of summer and around eighty-four degrees outside every day, but still. It feels homey. You squat down, setting your mug on the counter, holding onto that very same counter with your hands, crying from how hard you were laughing. It's not that it was funny, it's that you were so overwhelmed that everybody knew the laugh was needed. You and William act like you hate each other, and most of the time you do, but other times you would consider him a friend. He's had dinner here before, when Niki and Floris come as-well. You hear his laugh start to sync with yours, and soon the three of you were laughing at something as small as eggs on a plate, but something as big as eggs on a plate. You're more laughing at the thought that this may be the last time for years that you see Eret do that, as it became a daily thing that he made the eggs and you make the waffles.

"God- that's so stupid" You cackle, holding your gut with your left hand, your right still placed firmly on the counter. When you stand back up everybody is just looking at each other with smiles that slowly fade when reality hits the room again. You're leaving. You're leaving without Eret. You're leaving Johnathon's room. You're really leaving.

You're leaving.

Everybody in the small kitchen, in apartment 119, stands together in silence. You all understanding the pain this movement will cause. The love- and hate, is large in the room.

-

The car starts up and your arms wrap around Eret's frail body, your head only reaching the tall person's chest-ish area. You smile, taking him in. He means so much to you. He pats your back and his deep voice rings in your ear.

"Bye kiddo."

"You're barely older than me, kiddo my ass."

"Fiesty, aren't we?" they smile, pulling away from the hug.

"Always." You sigh, "I love you. I'll see you before you know it." You smile wide at him. He reciprocates your smile and nods.

"Love you too," he chuckles, "kiddo." You groan in response and walk to the car. Wilbur pats your shoulder- or attempts to before you duck away and into his car. The passenger seat is nice, it's heated- even though it's the middle of summer you somehow managed to stay cold. He slams the door, waving to Eret and you follow suit.

This is going to be a long trip.

A/N- boring ik
-
thank you guys so much for all the reads!! it really warms my heart! short chapter- i'm so sorry. this chapter was just plain sad but i promise it picks up soon! i love you all so much! have a nice day! :)