Dead Girl in the Pool

every TW ever. chapter may not be suitable for all readers. i love you guys. this was hard to write lol. if this gives you anxiety, take a break. and know that never in the book will a conversation between y/n and tommy will be recorded ❤️

You wake up, cold, and somehow- hot?

You feel hot and cold.

You roll over, not seeing Will. You rub your eyes groggily, taking a moment to search the space around you for the lanky man. You grab a random shirt and throw it on. It's his shirt. A pit sinks in your stomach, your hand traveling to your swollen lips that he kissed raw. You're on assignment. You're working. You kissed him and loved every second of it. A smile creeps out under your fingers, burning your cracked lips.

Fuck, you love Italy.

Your phone rings, breaking you out of your previous trance. The device lights up, practically buzzing off William's side table. You wearily slide to answer after seeing the name. Mr. Benstro. Shit.

"Hello?" Your voice tired and accent thicker than usual due to the early hour.

"L/N, lovely to hear your voice dear. Sorry to wake you this early, as I do believe it's only 7 there." Sarcasm pouring through every syllable in the man's dialogue. "We received a text on your cell for staying under, they want to show you to Tom."

Your heart sinks again.

"Without Gold."

Somehow further.

"They believe that if they can get you alone to talk to the boy without him rushing in to get you, or you trying to save the kid that they'll be able to trust you." He's tapping his pen and spinning in his chair, you can hear it. You can hear his damn pen tip tapping away. You can hear his voice wandering and coming closer in a steady pace. He's calm. He thinks you can do it.

"mm, and Will...iam?" You quickly finish his name. The hesitation gains a laugh from Mr. Benstro.

"Let us worry about that boy. You, get dressed and we'll respond to the message. If he asks where you're going tell him I sent you somewhere and ordered you not to speak about it." Your throat tightens.

"Benstro, this is about trust. I need him to trust me." You argue the man on the other line, struggling to keep your wavering voice steady. This is bullshit.

"Then trust me to have him trust you." He responds coldly, hanging up.

Your head falls into your hands and a cold feeling suddenly washes over you. How are you supposed to do this?

No. How are you supposed to do this without hurting him?

You've done missions that were much harder on your own. You're one of the strongest in your corps. That doesn't mean bullets don't leave holes, that doesn't mean betrayal doesn't sting. It just means your bite is worse than your bark. Which couldn't be said for Will.

Speak of the Devil, Will walks into his own room, holding a bagel made just to your liking out for you.

"Good morning sunshine, nice shirt." His accent rings heavy in your ears and your face blushes deep.

"Shut up," you fire back, getting ready to say something else when his curled pointer finger lifts your chin, knocking you off your train of the thought.

His eyes look into yours, a smirk curling on his lips.

"Fuck, I love how red you get when I talk to you." You're hot again. You're so warm.

"Will..." You barely croak out before his thumb runs over your lips, him drawing his bottom lip in between his teeth.

"Yes, pretty girl?" His eyes looking up from your mouth to meet yours. "Pretty, red, girl." He smiles a toothy grin, moving his hand to cup your cheek.