The Moon marks the Day

*From the day you were born you and your family resided in a little village in Novigrad. Your father was a fletcher working day in and day out to help raise a few crowns or florens so that you could survive the upcoming winters; it wasnt an easy life and no one said it would be. With your mother being taken away from you, life just hasnt been the same, and to make things worse you were the outcast of the village. A monster to say the least.*

*The Morning*

It was the morning. I must have slept through the cockrel shrieks the bustling paths outside of the house could be heard through the windows; the townfolk on their daily journeys to and from the fields, the children chasing and playing in all the nooks and crannies of the village. Today was going to be a good day i can feel it in my bones. The bed was exra soft and the warm streaks of light coming in from the window hit my face. For the first time ever I felt safe, I felt at home. Opening my eyes I was attacked and blinded by the streaks of sun that once gave me comfort and love, getting up I headed to the washroom the mirror hanging on the wall was cracked here and there but it did the job. My refelection stared back at me, the monster that i was cursed into being...my bright yellow eyes with thin black slits, almost like a cat, stared through my soul a reminder of how my life was ruined.

"Y/N!, Y/N" I could hear my father calling out for me in the garden. 

I shook my head trying to get out of this well of self loathing i had fallen into, splashing water onto my face and promplty getting changed I ran out into the garden, the place that was once filled with mother's flowers and plentiful vegetables was now a desolate land of sludge and mud.

"There you are Y/N you were so fast asleep i thought you had died" a thin, cracked smile shaped dad's face "anyways I wanted you to help me out, could you get me a new rake from Wabir"

I didnt have time to reply when my dad handed me a few florens-which i promptly stashed in my pocket. The matted hood that draped over my shoulders was now over my head, shielding my face from the townsfolk I was only meant to go to see Wabir it wasnt going to be bad i kept repeating to myself as my boots trudged and left deep marks in the mud. Wabir's house was a good 10 minute walk and especially that so many people were walking around it was bound to happen how i didnt predict this I dont know.

My shoulder bumped into a boy, he must have been no older than me. His face was worn down from the work he must have been doing in the fields, as he turned to look at me his expression dropped; it filled with fear and then disgust. My hood. It must have fallen down when i bumped into him- my amber eyes stared at him i was frozen with fear, how would he react. The few seconds we spent looking into each others eyes felt like hours and soon enough I felt the cold dirty embrace of the muddy wet ground as he shoved me will all his force and yelled out,

"Guys look! Its that fucking freak we saw" his obnoxious laugh echoed in my head as tears slowly began welling up in my eyes, "Who let this thing out of the cage again!"

He was now joined by his friends who laughed and egged him on. The sadness i felt before was overriden by fury and anger as the tears that once fell due to shame and sadness were now a storm of rage and anguish. I could feel my heart jump up to my throat I tried to scream at him but nothing came out. A silence. An ocean deep eerie silence, my head hurts. It hurts a lot. Finally i managed to get back up to my feet, but the boy's expression had changed. No longer was it a meanacing grin filled with torment- he was now wide eyed like a doe, his mouth ajar frozen in place.

The street went silent. I could feel the burning eyes of dozens of people on me. Why were they staring? Was something wrong?....