Of Sins and Broken Hearts

*I could not hide my excitement anymore. Jumping off Ghost i raced towards my home. However something was off. Terribly off...*

The path that was once brimming with life was now desolate and empty. No carts, no people, nothing. Dead silence. It was unnerving. The crunches of the pebbles under my feet resounded and bounced around in my skull. I saw the familiar houses of the other residents, lights off, no sounds. Almost as if everyone had suddenly disappeared into thin air. I kept walking. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster as I drew closer to the place I once called home. The door was open ajar. It was almost as if my heart had stopped. Cautiously, i took a step inside, looking around. Some of the furniture had been upturned and thrown around, cups and glasses shattered. Making my way back into the bedroom the small framed photo of my family and I lay face down on the floor. I picked it up gently and cleaned it of any debris before putting it back on its proud place on the shelf. The house was a mess. As if a bomb had gone off. I made my way through the house looking for the only person i truly cared about.

Dad.

He was nowhere to be found, along with everyone else from the town. What the hell happened. I wanted answers and i wanted them now. Not long after i heard the sound of hooves racing to the town and steps coming into my house.
"Y/N! Y/N are you here?"
Triss' voice rang through the house, it was filled with concern. I walked over to her, she was standing in the doorway almost trembling.
"I didnt want you to find out this way, I wanted to tell you, but it didnt seem right to do it yesterday when you were so ti-"
I cut her off mid sentence. My throat was burning and i could feel my eyes stinging.
"WHAT HAPPENED, WHERES MY DAD. WHERE IS EVERYONE. I DONT WANT YOUR STUPID APOLOGY I WANT ANSWERS"
My voice cracked and trembling with each word, i could feel my body shaking with both fear and hatered. I could see Triss' face drop even more as she sighed replying,
"The town was attacked"
She paused to take a breath presumably to calm her nerves
"A group of elven rebels, you may know them as the Scoia'tael"
We didnt say a word. My expression said it all. And before i could utter any words Triss threw the final blow.
"They had no mercy..."

N  o   M  e  r  c  y

N    o       M    e    r     c    y

N        o           M       e       r        c       y

They would see what no mercy looked like. And i would make sure of it. I pushed past Triss in an angry huff almost knocking her off her feet. A piercing headache. This only meant one thing. I was too engulfed in my rage driven huff to notice it, hearing the seams of my clothes pop and tear and as i watched as my feet turned into monstrous paws. I stopped in my tracks. I was once again confined in my wolfsish form. Easier to kill now the blood wouldnt be on my human hands. I was ready to tear the elven rebels limb my limb. Ripping off the last sad excuses for clothes i freed my fur lined body. I could feel myself frothing at the mouth from anger, and as i turned around i could see Triss. She was glued in the doorfame eyes wide like a doe's and mouth ajar. I snapped my teeth and settled myself onto four paws, my spine arched, ears pinned back. My eyes filled with a murderous rage, sanity gone. All i could think of was how i would murder. I wanted to hear the elves beg for mercy like im sure my father did. But they will receive none. They will squirm in my jaws as i watch their life slowly drain.

Sniffing the ground for a scent, a trail. Anything. Eventually finding a scent trail i began to follow it, it was weak but i knew the closer i got to the elven camp the stronger the smell would be and the closer id get to revenge. Bounding away my white form soon disappeared into the thick woods. Their scent grew closer and closer. And with that my anger grew more and more, i saw life through a red lens. And the only thing in my mind was murder...

A/N: oooo spicy, this one is a bit shorter but its just the buildup to smth good ;)