The Good, The Bad, and The Cursed

*The street went silent. I could feel the burning eyes of dozens of people on me. Why were they staring? Was something wrong?....*

My tear filled eyes soon dried and the clouded vision ceased. Around me a small crowd began to gather whispering to one another I could not hear the point of discussion 'did I hit him?' I thought to myself as the crowd grew bigger and bigger by the minute. A head splitting headache came back soon after and I grasped my head in my hands to try to revive the pain. To no success I dropped onto my knees screaming out in pain; instead of a scream came a shrieking howl that echoed down the street and into the neighbouring woods. 

People began moving back taking cautious steps away. The circle that had formed around me was slowly getting bigger, terror wiped peoples faces as mother's covered thier precious babys' eyes. The headache finally ceased and I managed to get back up onto my feet - something felt off, terribly off. No longer could I see the people's faces in my eyeline- I was towering over them. Shrilling screams erupted from the crowd as people began to run away screaming.

"A HELLSPAWN MONSTER!"

"May the eternal fire save your soul"

"Disgrace to the village!"

The crowd had evaporated into thin air, the street that was once filled with life and laughter now loomed with empiness and the occasional cry of a baby. I looked down at my feet to see how badly i had dirtied my clothes when the boy shoved me to the ground; but instead of my boots and worn linen trousers was now a set of furry legs. What I can only suppose was once white fur was now matted and drenched with cold mud with steel like daggers perdruding from every toe. My heart dropped. I pulled my hand up to my face but instead of my work callused hands, there was now two large,white fluffy paws with claws shimmering as if they were made of steel.

"fuck." The only word i could utter. The sky was getting darker, hues of deep oranges and reds began to paint the sky as the clouds rolled in from behind the woods. Lord knows how long ive been standing out here for; I was so disorientated but the one thing i knew was that i had to get out of here as quickly as i could before someone tries to kill me.

A distinct clatter of hooves resonated through the street on the opposite side of the village. A visitor? At this time of day? it couldnt be, it must be a passerby. I had some time get away. A commotion arose as I heard people deaprately trying to get their voices heard by the mysterious figure. Crouching down behind some buildings I began listening to the conversation, it couldnt get much wore right? Through the incomprehensible mummble of words a particular one stood out.

"WITCHER!" yelled the young boy that just a few hours ago pushed me into the mud snickering and mocking me for my appearance. The same boy that crapped his pants when i let out an piercing howl.

'Witcher' that word bounced around my skull. I needed to get out of here. NOW! My heart pounded, my breath shallow and quick- the trail of breath condensed as i began running for the forbidden woods on the outskirts of the village. Running on hind legs was useless and only increased the frequency of the falls, on the first opportunity i lept and began bounding with all my might on all limbs frantically weaving round the thick shrubbery and trees. The clattering of sliver and steels swords could be heard racing behind me. He was close but i couldnt stop running if he caught up to me i would be found and even worse... killed.

The cold air hit my snout as my legs were slowly giving way under me, how long was i running for? It didnt matter anymore i needed to hide, i cant outrun him  anymore my best bet is to hide and pray to whatever gods are listening. Soon enough a stream appreared, slowing my pace i clambered into it; pushing my not so small body as close to the muddy wall. Praying, praying that he would just walk past me and keep running. I have to steady my breath, my ragged loud panting was a sure fire way to rat me out. A few deep breaths in and out soon solved this problem.

The forest fell silent, the leaves rustling and sawying to the rythm of the breeze which sang its pitiful song as it rushed between the twigs. Silence. Bliss. The occasional bird call would break the silence. My heart was pounding so hard i was sure it was going to burst out of my chest at any moment; the forest was so much nicer during the even- a twig snap. He was getting close I couldnt lose my focus not now. 

Soon enough the sun had set fully over the jagged horizon and dark shadows fell over the forest, the only light was the faint glow of the Moon which watched over me. My feet were numb from crouching down in this river bed, there was no way in hell i was going to be able to outrun him now. This was the end. This was how it was going to end. The sound of the swords grew closer and closer...