3

a/n:
Please read the author's note at the end of the story.

*

"It's been so long since we met, my sweet grandson," greeted Kao's grandmother as soon as they arrived at the elder's house. The house was big, but not as big as Dechaphatthanakun's house, but Earth is sure that he can lose his way in the labyrinth-like garden that the elder has.

"Yes, it has been so long, grandmother."

Earth was holding Elhara in his arms while his alpha was holding her twins. He smiled when Kao's grandmother's eyes were on him, but he couldn't shrug off this odd feeling that he got from her stare.

Kao realized his grandmother's eyes that linger on Earth, and then he steps aside to let his grandmother see his mate better.

"This is Earth, grandmother. My mate and husband," Kao introduced proudly. Then he shifted her eyesight to Alzure in his arms and Elhara in Earths', "These two are our 6-month-old twins. This one is Alzure, and in Earth's arms is Elhara."

Kao's grandmother's expression was hard to read, even for her own grandson.

"My grandson was married and didn't even invite his own grandmother?"

By her tone, Kao knew that there were disapproval and disappointment there. He then shifted a bit in his seat and smiled sheepishly, "I knew grandmother would be disappointed, but I did this so that you didn't go to our wedding because we were worried about your health."

Meanwhile, Earth was confused. Kao said that his grandmother couldn't come due to her health and had sent a letter too, but here Kao's grandmother was speaking that she didn't get an invitation?

"Is she an alpha? I could faintly smell her scent from here, such a strong one too," her eyes linger on Elhara, who was sleeping soundly in her papa's arms.

"Yes, she is, grandmother," Earth answered with a soft smile. He decided to ask his alpha when they were alone after this, rather than put on a face that basically said he didn't know anything about the invitation thing.

Then, Kao's grandmother was narrowing her eyes on Earth, "I could smell different scents coming from you and that one."

By 'that one', she meant Alzure, who was wide awake on Kao's lap. She emphasized it by narrowing her eyes on the innocent stare that Alzure gave her.

Earth was taken aback by the tone and stares that he flinched. He slowly looked at his baby boy, afraid that the baby would somehow understand the...discontentment on his great-grandmother's gaze.

"Grandmother!" Kao whispers-shout at his grandmother.

Kao's grandmother then glanced at her grandson and furrowed her eyebrows, "Was I wrong then? Truly, your reason for not inviting me was to prevent me knowing that you mate and wed a lowly omega, right?"

Earth looked down when he felt the glares that were directed at him by Kao's grandmother.

"You are barely giving me an excuse to accept you in my family by that second gender of yours. You giving us an alpha heir won't make light of your dirty blood that runs in her veins. You have to know your position, and you shouldn't have seduced my grandson in the first place."

"Enough, grandmother! I can't tolerate you any more than this if you continue to bad-mouth my mate. For your information, this is MY family and not yours anymore. You are merely my ancestor that lived and gave birth to my father, grandmother, nothing more. I still hold respect because you're my elder, but I won't stay silent if you harass my family."

Kao was panting after his outburst. He was glaring his eyes to emphasize his statement.

Kao's grandmother was shocked after her grandson just ranted at her. She was putting a displeased expression and also placed her hand on top of her heart, "You ungrateful, child!"

"Agoo...goo...ann."

Their attention suddenly shifted to Elhara, who had woken up and started spewing baby's words to the adults in the room. Kao's grandmother was startled that she suddenly smiled.

"Give her to me," she said to Earth, who was shocked that the atmosphere has changed just by Elhara's nonsensical words. He reluctantly hands out Elhara, slowly, to her waiting arms.

As soon as Elhara was in her great-grandmother's arms, she started babbling to her twins in her dada's arms.

"Ogu..ann..."

"Aoo...un.."

Not a single glance was given to Alzure from Kao's grandmother. She has been trying to get her great-granddaughter's attention since she was in her arms, but to no avail; it was like Elhara doesn't want to look her way at all.

Kao would only smirk at the display. He glanced at his mate and found Earth, anxious that his hands were curled as if he wanted their baby in his arms. Kao then sighed; he was tired, too, anyway.

"We will rest first, grandmother. It's been a long way, and we are so tired, especially the babies," Kao said, emphasizing the babies to make his grandmother realize her mistake.

His grandmother reluctantly gave Elhara back into Earth's arms, who was more than happy to have his baby back. Not realizing the glare that was sent his way by the elder.

They went to the bedroom that the servant had prepared for them. After the four of them were alone, Earth turned to look at his alpha with a questioning look.

"Didn't you say that she was invited to our wedding? That she can't come due to her health or something and has sent us a letter to tell us. Why would you lie to me?"

Kao sighed and took Earth's left hand in his. He started caressing those smaller hands with care, "I'm sorry. I didn't say anything at first because she can be strict and prejudiced against omegas, baby. I don't want your hopeful feeling on our first vacation to be ruined because of this too."

Earth looked down on himself, thinking about his childhood memories where he would be glared at and talked about for being an omega. Where he would often cry and wished he could be loved. He looked up to his alpha's loving stare and smiled.

"I will try to make her accept us then. Al and I will hopefully melt her heart one day, so you need to focus on helping your grandmother's business. We can go visit some places after that to fulfill our vacation."

Kao pulls in his mate's by the hand, so their faces are an inch apart, he smiles, and then he kisses Earth's lips softly.

to be continue

a/n:
Hello! I know it has been so long since I update this book. I'm so sorry it took me long even though my thesis defense has ended, and I have many free times now. By the time I want to continue writing this book, the plot was gone from my mind. I also need to acquire back my writing style. It took me an update of IBUT and finishing a mini-series of KaoEarth that made me acquire my writing style back. But, to get this one on track was harder than making a whole new story. That was why this one is short. I think I will update short parts for this series to get me somehow back on track. Thank you for patiently waiting FATED the series to update!

Updated on the 6th of January,

junijunipers.