Part 4

Althea

The king was pacing around his library nervously. I closed the door behind me since this was not an image that suited a great king.

"Did you put guards outside his chamber?" My entrance did not interrupt his pacing. I could see his determination to outsmart his new visitor.

"Of course."

"Great. How long do you think we have before he starts fuming because we haven't 'found' his precious cube?"

"Judging from that first impression I'd say a few days."

"From all the people and creatures that could have had the cube why him? In any other case, he would have been our prisoner and no further questions asked. Althea the tesseract is not that well hidden and protected because we didn't have the time with his arrival. I need you to distract him."

I didn't like where this was heading. I sat on the nearest chair knowing this conversation was not going to end well. The truth was that he was simply terrified of him. Afraid of his abilities. We were both well aware that even if we brought the Tessseract uncovered, through the main entrance he would not notice. Why would he? His room was at the other side of the castle with no clear view of the doors, the aircrafts, or our safes. Luther was petrified of even the slightest chance of him finding out and suddenly a new war between us and Asgard would begin.

"We are going to have dinner soon and I am going to suggest for you to show him around the city. I need him away from the palace for a while."

"Doesn't he already know the city?"

"I don't even know when was the last time he visited. Neither I nor my father ever met him and that means minimum hundred years. I don't think he remembers anything. Honestly, he should be embarrassed. Thor visits us and all the other realms often to make sure we are doing well and even helped to stop the war. He has done nothing."

"What if he doesn't want to see the city what is the next plan?" I desperately sought a way out of this whole situation.

"I will persuade him with a guilt trip that he hasn't visited for so long. His manners won't allow him to deny. I don't think he will even consider saying no in the first place since he owes us so much. The difficult part is what are you going to talk about to distract him"

"No worries there. I think he is a huge egomaniac, I will start complimenting him and he will forget anything else. I would also like to ask for a favor. Can I stay in your library and read any books you have on him? I think I should know what I am dealing with."

I was starting to get a bit worried about Luther. As a king, he never had a difficult subject to deal with. When anything happened I was there with him as a council and helped him through it. With the death of his father during the war 30 years ago I had to teach him how to rule. Technically I was the eldest one in the palace and knew way more than anyone else.

I sometimes wondered how would he react if I ever announced that I wanted to go back home.

Meanwhile...

Loki

Before we reached my new room I split into two Lokis creating an illusion. I entered a random hallway so she wouldn't notice and transformed myself into one of the soldiers. Now I only had to find where did they hide my tesseract.

I had a feeling the king also lied and kept it for himself, which means he must have gone overboard to conceal it. He would have never hidden it into the palace because he knew I would have found it very effortlessly. I thought a good place to start would be the aircraft that I was transferred in.