Part 12

Althea

I was not excited to return to the palace. In a few hours, I would have lost the man I had feelings for. I entered the castle with the idea of servants running around to make sure everything was in place with big smiles on their faces. The perfect ending of a movie. If Dalia could talk to animals a Disney one as well. The Princess was marrying the Prince making me the ugly villain.

Quiet. No one insight. Not a servant or a noble. When a place is completely silent it is then that it makes the most noise. Something was wrong. I run to the king's library. My heeled footsteps echoed through the empty halls.

Instead of finding Luther, the muscular blonde God was standing before me.

"Thor..."

He turned to face me when he heard his name being called and gave me his biggest smile. I almost jumped into his arms. I had missed my dearest friend so much considering we had not seen each other in years. He had not changed drastically. His hair got longer and his muscles bulkier but that was about it. After a few seconds of embracing one another into a tight hug and him slightly lifting me off the ground, we found the courage to speak.

"I had no idea you were going to come for the wedding."

"Yes, a day ago I did not know either."

Luther walked in and interrupted us. He was reading out loud a list of the items in our safes not realizing I was in the room.

"It appears that he did not steal anything else than the tesseract..."

The second he spotted me he stiffened possibly still ashamed of his actions and words. Tension filled the room. Thor got uneasy as well watching me and Luther stare at each other for several seconds.

I tried to break the awkwardness by asking who stole the tesseract but it seemed like I made it even worse.

Thor not aware of the events that took place the past few days, he was the one to answer my question.

"Loki stole it...again."

I thought I'd like this outcome but as it turned out, I did not. The sorrow he brought to Dalia and the kingdom could not be dismissed. The only thing I felt joyous for was the fact that in the end I got proven right. I had tried to warn the king but of course, he chose not to listen. My satisfaction did not last. Doubt littered my thoughts. Was I a part of his plan too? Did he trick me into thinking he possessed feelings for me so I wouldn't detect his scheme?

"What's going to happen now?"

"That is not an easy question. Technically the stone is Asgardian property and since you stole it from Loki, you stole from us too. You owe us. Now, I do not want to demand you to help me find my brother so I am going to ask it as a favor."

I scoffed. I was planning to leave, not to get in the middle of this.

"How am I going to be useful? Can't Heimdall see Loki?"

"From the moment he became a fugitive he casted a spell on himself that blocks his whereabouts from Heimdall."

"Fugitive?!"

The King finally comprehended who welcomed into his home. His arrogance blinded him, he only seemed to care that a Prince was interested in his daughter and would take care of his people for him. He put so much trust into a man that literally goes by the name God of mischief. What did he think the outcome was going to be?

Dalia..poor Dalia. We may had some type of rivalry but at the end of the day, I loved her. I would not have let a man get in between us. After some time I would have gotten used to it. It would have been better if the one that got hurt was me. I could have gone back to earth and rebuild my life but she did not have that luxury. As a Princess locked up in a castle she was taught from a really young age that her wedding will be the highlight of her life. Thor snapped me out of my thoughts.