Part 15

Loki

My heart and mind had different opinions on how I should handle the situation. After all these days of trying to get her off my head, there she was... laying on the cold ground staring at me. Without any word, she challenged me to approach the stone.

My sanity was forcing me to fight for the tesseract. I could not let it get taken away from me again, but how! How would I ever lay my hands on her and possibly injure her?

The moonlight lit her face and complimented her breathtaking blues. The eyes that I had so much missed that always had found a way to bring me a smile and brought me joy were locked on me with the worst intentions. She did not have that soft gaze that I was used to. Every muscle in her face was tense, prepared for anything.

I slowly stood up and she copied my every move. I had to choose between her and the tesseract.

She decided for me when she grabbed the knife that she kept around her waist.
Still, in disbelief of our current situation, I drew out mine as well.

Hesitantly we started approaching each other. Every step we took more certain than the previous one. Holding her knife tightly in her fist like an ice pick, she tried to stab me in my temple with no remorse. By turning my body ninety degrees I avoided her deadly strike. I used the back of my hands to block her attempts and not wound her. She was an excellent warrior and the battle was very challenging with me only defending myself and not actually fighting back.

Then I wondered. Was she trying to kill me? Her moves were fatal. Was she able to stop the knife from slicing me if I stopped the defense?

As we danced around in an endless war, light lit her face once again. Her striking eyes had flooded in tears. She had no motive in harming me. I dropped my daggers while she was reaching for my neck.

Althea

As I was standing there with my knife on his throat and tears blurring my vision, I froze.

His emerald green eyes staring at my mine knowing I would never hurt him but I had to. Both our chests punting harder than ever.

With his very calm and gravely voice he challenged me.

"Go on."

He leaned into my knife and waited for a few seconds for my reaction but my body couldn't move.

Without being intimidated by it, he gently traced the trail the tear made on my skin with his thumb and wiped it away. I closed my eyes enjoying the feeling of his touch.

I loosened my grip making him more comfortable to move his neck. All he had to do was to touch me and I melted losing all my power.

His fingers grazed my arm making me slightly shiver. With very slow moves he took my blade and threw it to the ground.

I stared at it unable to lift my gaze. I was worried that if our eyes met again, this time I'd kiss him making a fool out of myself.

He stepped closer and lifted my chin, forcing me to gaze up at him again. His face was hovering inches away from mine. I could smell cherry wine on his breath making me lust over his lips even more.

I wished I hated him. How easier would my life had been if I had fallen in love with a hero and not a villain?

He smiled knowing I had surrendered and I was all his. He leaned even closer and whispered

"Was that your only weapon?"

I negatively shook my head. It felt like I was a schoolgirl and the teacher was going to punish me. He gazed at the bottom half of my garment. He realized where a lady would hide a secret weapon.

It was impossible to think with his veined hand sliding up my thigh and under the fabric of my dress to disarm me from my hidden dagger.

Without my intention, I parted my lips breathing harder than before avoiding a moan to slip through. He smirked at the sight of my arousal.

After throwing down my second and last weapon he grabbed my waist over my clothing and pulled me closer, pushing his frame onto mine.

A shuffling sound behind me made me turn. No one insight. He grabbed my jaw like he wanted to say... it is only me and you.

As he leaned in and my lips met his I felt my legs go weak and nothing around me mattered anymore. I could only focus on how soft he felt against my mouth. His body leaning on mine with one hand cupping my face and the other around my waist. It seemed so forbidden. I was standing in the middle of nowhere, feeling him everywhere. His kissing felt intense like he had craved for it for a while.

Breathing deeply, I remained standing. Hoping this moment was not going to end that quickly. He gazed back into my eyes and outlined my lips with his thumb.

"Until we meet again, darling."

In a second he teleported close to the tesseract leaving me confused. He crouched down to grab the stone. Acknowledging that he was going to leave me behind I started running towards him.

Before he could reach it a red high tech robot landed in front of him and placed his right foot on top of the cube not fearing of it breaking.

Loki fell back startled. Fear overtook his face. This must not have been the first time they crossed paths. He looked at me and yelled

"Run!"

He seemed more concerned about what would happen to me than him. Two humongous silver arms snatched mine. No point in trying to get away.

"Do not touch her!"

The red machine withdrew his headpiece revealing a man inside it.

"Look Rhodey, it must be mating season...Reindeer found a mate.