𝐭𝐰𝐨 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

"I WANT PANCAKES." Astrid piped up from where she sat on her brother's bed, watching him button up his nicest shirt as he prepared to leave for work. He had received a call about three days ago from one of the waitresses he had previously met who had delivered the message that he had gotten the job and asking him when he would be able to start. And seeing as he had no other business he had needed to attend to, Landon had explained that he was free as soon as possible, waiting and giving them time to create a schedule for him and his shifts.

Today he had been called in and in all honesty, Astrid hated it. It was going to leave her all alone to do nothing but sit at her window watching rain fall against the glass like she had been doing every night so far. Landon had been her only source of entertainment as she had found amusement in pestering him. And her grandmother's constant efforts to teach her magic— all without actually teaching her a single spell— were starting to make her detest her entire move to Forks and more over; her existence as a witch.

Landon scoffed at that. "Then go make pancakes." he told her simply.

She brought up her legs to sit beneath her in a criss cross position on the bed, shoving her hands into the pockets of her hoodie— actually Landon's hoodie. "Can you make them for me?" she asked. "The one's with the blueberries?"

He immediately shook his head at her. "Do you not see me getting ready for work?" he answered her question with a question. "You know how to make them yourself."

"But they never taste like yours do!" Astrid groaned.

"Why do you love annoying me?"

"Because I'm bored." she told him simply.

He snorted. "Well if you're so bored, how 'bout you go read something?" he suggested. "Or go make sure you have all your stuff set up and ready for school tomorrow?" she rolled her eyes at the reminder. "You're going to school tomorrow, Astrid. We're not here on vacation."