𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

FORKS WASHINGTON IS absolutely disgusting, thought Astrid Everwood as she sat in the backseat of her mother's truck, a scowl on her face as she looked out the window at the muggy and cloudy wet land before her

FORKS WASHINGTON IS absolutely disgusting, thought Astrid Everwood as she sat in the backseat of her mother's truck, a scowl on her face as she looked out the window at the muggy and cloudy wet land before her. That scowl had become permanent the moment her mother came into her room with suitcases and ordered her to get packed.

"This place sucks." Landon, her older brother, voiced from where he sat up in the passengers seat. Astrid nodded although neither he or their mother could see her. She felt as if he had read her mind and announced her thoughts out loud. The town was nothing like their old home. While San Francisco was bright and full of giddy and energetic people in every corner and radiated an energy of high spirits like no other, Forks Washington was like a ghost town. Every person they had passed by on the streets looked absolutely miserable. And Astrid could not even begin to guess when was the last time the town had gotten any sunshine.

"Agreed." she huffed out and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Guys, come on." Mae Everwood sighed at her children's negative attitudes. The two had yet to even walk on the grounds of the town yet and they already hated it. "Can you two give it a chance before you start complaining?"

"No." the two said simultaneously, tone's matching exactly as they mirrored each other's dismay. "I mean, mom, look at this place." Landon nodded towards the window.

"It's disgusting. Why is it so wet?"

"It's so muggy I feel like whatever's lingering in the air is gonna suffocate me." Astrid rubbed up and down her arms hoping the friction would be enough to provide some heat. She was dressed in a loose cami crop top and skinny jeans along with a pair of sneakers. She had completely underestimated the weather as she had not chosen to do her research before hand. Now here she was with three suitcases full of summer time clothing she would have to keep lodged away in her closet seeing as there was no purpose for them in such a rainy town. "And why is it so damn cold?"