𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

THERE WERE CERTAIN things that had been just a bit beyond Astrid Everwood's level of comprehension

THERE WERE CERTAIN things that had been just a bit beyond Astrid Everwood's level of comprehension. Things she tended to brush off with a simple 'Maybe I'll understand when I'm older'.

Taxes, for example. She saw no point in having to give the government money to live a life a person was providing for with their own time and labor, yet having to hand over their hard earned money as if it were owed to the people who just sat around on their high horses and watched. But then again she had never had a job. Perhaps there were aspects to it she just did not know of being as she had yet to work a day in her life. Something she shrugged off and said 'Maybe I'll understand when I'm older'.

Getting married at seventeen, however?

She did not get it.

Not now, and she certainly doubted she would a year from now or ten or even twenty.

So to say she had been utterly appalled when she received a wedding invitation in the mail two months ago from Bella Swan and Edward Cullen would be an understatement. It had definitely not been something one would understand as time went on. It had to be something only the two in question could fathom made any sense after running from supernatural monsters to protect their soon to be eternal love.

Still, Astrid was completely dumbfounded. What had been the rush? Bella had only been seventeen. She had her entire life ahead of her and Edward sure as hell was not going anywhere. The guy was at least, what, an entire century older? There was plenty of time. Astrid could not put together a possible explanation as to why the girl would want to jump right into death before she had even lived.

What had also surprised her had been the way said invitations had come in the mail just two weeks after the Cullens, the pack, and Astrid had come to the agreement that the three parties would need to be separated until they had gotten further update on the Volturi.