𝐨𝐧𝐞 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠

SETH CLEARWATER LAID in bed, completely drained. Mentally, physically, and emotionally. He wanted to drift off to sleep, but he could not close his eyes for even a second without his mind wandering back to her.

He saw her everywhere, despite her being nowhere near him. His migraine never seemed to lessen and he was so sleep deprived he was beginning to hallucinate, convinced she was actually there with him when he knew it was just his mind playing tricks on him.

Sam Uley stood with his arms crossed at the foot of the bed, frown on his face and shaking his head to silently scold the pup as his fiancé Emily Young stood at the doorway picking at the hem of her knitted sweater, staring back and forth between the two of them. "I can't believe you let this happen." Sam let out, allowing his frustration to be made clear with absolutely no efforts to hide it. "I've given you and the pack specific instructions on what to do if this were to ever happen. You had a blueprint, Seth, and you stomped all over it!"

"Sam." Emily said sternly as Seth sunk deeper into the blankets of the bed in the two's guest bedroom of their home.

"What if she was a tourist? You'll never see her again!"

"Sam!" Emily hissed, this time much louder as she pushed herself off the doorway and crossed her arms across her chest. Sam's head shot in her direction and met her eyes. His gaze may have been intimidating and demanding towards the rest of his pack, she had to admit, but Emily would not tolerate his behavior right now. To see the youngest and most precious of the pack be in such pain all throughout made her feel disconsolate, and his attitude did not help to the situation either.

Sam exhaled deeply as his nostrils flared, the red slowly creeping off his face before he physically relaxed and allowed himself to take a seat by Seth's feet, scratching the back of his neck as he took a moment to gather the right words in a more calming manner. "I'm sorry." he looked down at the teen. "I don't want to be mean. But you understand why I'm being hard on you don't you? Don't you remember what happened to Paul and Ivy?" Seth responded with a faint nod, if Sam were not so intensely focused on him, he would have missed it. Seth had remembered the endless hell Paul Lahote had put himself through after putting himself in a helpless situation and being saved by none other than as fate would have it, his imprint, Ivy. Only for her to slip away as quickly as she had came to his rescue. Paul had spent almost three weeks frantically searching the Res and returning back to their very first meeting spot in hopes that he would find her again— all while running a ridiculously high fever and enduring the most crucial physical and mental pain of his life. "What was it like?" Sam asked the boy, voice now less intense than it was just moments ago.