𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐢𝐫𝐞

"THIS IS WEIRD." Astrid said as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Landon snickered behind her. "Weird?" he mimicked. "They're your clothes. How can it be weird to wear your own clothes?"

"It doesn't seem right." she repeated as she looked over the clothes she had finally brought herself around to pull out of her suitcase which had just been laying around her bedroom floor as a complete open mess for the past week since her arrival. Landon had officially restricted her from going through his wardrobe and declared her "banned" from his closet being as he had found himself rummaging through the hamper one too many times and finding all the clothes he planned on wearing in the dirty laundry after Astrid had finished wearing them. He had even gone as far as to place a padlock on his closet door and hiding the key who knows where. And Astrid hated that their grandmother had handed it over to him with absolutely no questions. "Why should I have to use my own stuff when I can just take yours?" she spun around and looked up at him.

"Because that's called theft, Astrid." Landon said simply as he finished placing all the school supplies he had bought her into the backpack.

She frowned. "You didn't have to buy me all that," she told him. "or a new backpack, either. I could've just used my old one."

Landon shook his head and held it out towards her. "Your idea of going to school prepared is a single piece of looseleaf and a pencil you find in the hallways." Astrid rolled her eyes and scowled at his comment. "Plus, your old backpack was falling apart at the seams. You should've retired it long after seventh grade."

"I just feel bad your first paycheck goes straight to me." she admitted as she swung the bag on and over her shoulder.

"Don't think about it." he told her.

She guffawed at the comment. "Don't think about it?" she repeated unbelievably. "What did you get paid this week? Like thirty bucks— including tips!"

"Can you just let me worry about money and you worry about school?" Landon threw an arm over her shoulder and walked her out of her bedroom and into the kitchen. "Because there's no way you're missing it today. I'm making sure of that."