𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐲

𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐲

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐲

"IS HE DEAD?" Astrid whispered to her grandmother as they stood at the kitchen island. Their eyes remained trained on Landon who sat in the living room with his head in his hands as he was dressed in his work uniform, awaiting for the clock to hit eight. Astrid grew antsy. She would usually never dare be up this early. Especially due to the fact that she did not need to be present in school for at least another forty-five minutes—but after last night's fiasco, she was eager to get a front row seat to see how things would play out after.

So to say it was less than riveting to see her brother slumped back on the couch like a statue barely twelve hours after such chaos had occurred would be an understatement.

"I don't think so." Vira Everwood shook her head. "His shoulders are moving. I think he's breathing."

"Did last night paralyze him? Is he in shock?"

"I wouldn't doubt it."

Astrid picked up a grape out of her grandmother's bowl of fruit salad before chucking it at the side of her brother's head, who only remained still and unfazed as the fruit fell onto the furniture beside him. "Oh my God, he's dead."

"Are you two going to keep talking about me like I'm not right here?" Landon piped up, his head still in his hands as he huffed out the words.

Astrid gasped. "Oh my God," she tapped her grandmother's arm eagerly. "NaiNai, the statue in our living room has come to life." she whispered. Sarcasm laced her tone, however. Her brother was less than ten feet away. She knew damn well he could hear every word she uttered.

The boy began to rub his temples and exhaled deeply through gritted teeth. "Astrid," he let out in annoyance.

"Dude," she blinked with an unamused chortle. "are you alive?"