𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱   ,   𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 '𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱 ,   𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 '𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭

IF ASTRID EVERWOOD had a job, she knew good and well that the very first thing she would spend a huge chunk of it on would be therapy visits

IF ASTRID EVERWOOD had a job, she knew good and well that the very first thing she would spend a huge chunk of it on would be therapy visits. Hopefully with a social worker experienced enough in the magic realm who could find it within them to fit her into their schedule every six or so hours whenever some newfound form of folklore drama waltzed its way into her life and blindsided her.

Unfortunately for her, labor in exchange for minimum wage was the last thing she could afford to fit into her daily life at the moment. So she was stuck settling for hoping things would simmer down on their own. A terribly childish way of thinking.

Astrid dropped the remaining cubes of ice into the plastic ziplock bag in front of her before sealing it shut and dropping the empty tray into the sink. Picking up the makeshift ice pack and heading out the front door, Astrid found her brother exactly where she had left him, standing outside leaning against the bench in front of the flower garden Vira and Mae Everwood had been maintaining over the past three months.

Taking her spot beside him, Astrid held out the ziplock bag in her hand, avoiding his eyes as he looked over at her, diverting her attention to anything else around them so she would not have to address it all just yet.

With a frown, Landon muttered a small 'Thank you' before placing the ice on the now split open skin of his knuckles.

With her arms crossed over her chest, Astrid blew out a soft breath and found her gaze drifting over towards the parked Harley in the driveway. "Never thought I'd see the day where you owned a motorcycle." she hummed as she eyed the slick black metal that shined under the moonlight.

Her brother snickered under his breath. "Guess that solves the mystery of why it was so hard for me to get my driver's license, huh?" he joked lightly, glad that the atmosphere was slightly letting up with the new in for the conversation she just gave. He was hoping it would be slightly easy.