𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 . . .

𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐱    ,    𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

SUNDAY ROLLED AROUND much too slow in Astrid's opinion—but perhaps that had just been due to her anxiety that had only seemed to sky rocket with each passing second

Saturday dragged on for what could only be described as what felt like years as she had been stuck inside all day. She had not been able to use Landon as an excuse to go out being as he was off during the weekends, therefore she had been left with no other option but to wait until later tonight if she wanted to see Seth.

Sneaking away was not something she was unfamiliar with. For instance, how she had snuck out of school on many occasions and succeeded (if you were to ignore the way she was caught right at the end of her free run around the face of the Earth each and every time). Point being, her plans always fell through. There was no reason as to think things would not work out tonight.

To say it came as a surprise when Landon agreed to accompany her on her mission to slip out of the house tonight was an understatement. She watched him with bug eyes as he spoke. "That's it?" she gaped. "Yes? Just yes? Not a lecture or an interrogation? Nothing?!"

Landon scoffed lowly. "Not this time." he expressed as he stood at the foot of his bed where he attended to folding his laundry. Any other day, he would advise her to grow up and stop her childish run arounds. So now that he was not going down that path, with what she liked to refer to as his "motherly instincts", it shocked her. It was alarming, to say the least. She was suspicious and was making it clear. "You're not the only one interested in what goes on around here. After that wolf chase, I'm pretty keen on getting to know what we're in for, too." he explained. He hesitated before adding "And if the pack is gonna be there, that means Leah's going to be there."

Astrid shook her head. "Why do you wanna see Leah so bad?"

"Maybe because she turned into a giant wolf right in front of me and has been avoiding me ever since." he shrugged with a false tone of nonchalance.