Girl Meets Other Girl

There are two girls:

Girl is half tiger. Other Girl is a moth curled into a flame.

Girl won't shut up about the sun's giant teeth. Other Girl tears her skin open and hopes to deserve anything at all.

Girl pricks her fingers on the thorns of roses and laughs. Other Girl steps on glass shards for fun.

Girl feels inclined to curse at god every day. Other Girl is submissive.

Girl is shy. Other Girl speaks loudly.

Girl cuts all her hair off. Other Girl tattoos a cartoon cat underneath her third rib.

Girl dreams of entire cities collapsing to the ground. Other Girl lies on the street and waits for a train to split her open.

Girl has been a fugitive since she was sixteen. Other Girl counts the bruises on her skin as if they were stars.

Girl is graceless. Other Girl jumps from ridiculous heights and calls it being wild.

Girl is survival. Other Girl is cosmic punishment.

Girl chews on bubble gum and spits on the floor. Other Girl is half manic.

Girl meets Other Girl and feels like screaming.

Girl meets Other Girl and feels all yellow inside.

Girl meets Other Girl and wants to kiss her.

Every time Girl says that out loud, the words smash on the pavement and everything turns into a crime scene.

It's bloody and it's dangerous and there is yellow caution tape everywhere and bullets flying around like birds in the sky.

Girl knows that girls that like kissing other girls are made fun of and called dykes.

Girl is scared. Girl is young. Girl is more than a little stupid.

Girl thinks love is a cause big enough to die for.

Other Girl laughs and Girl melts into a puddle.

Girl imagines pressing her fingertips against the soft spaces between the Other Girl's ribs.

Girl wants to kiss the back of the Other Girl's neck.

Girl thinks Other Girl doesn't feel the same.

Girl wants to touch the places of the Other Girl's body that only the sun has ever reached.

Other Girl meets Girl and wants to kiss her.

Girl doesn't know it.

Girl is young. Girl doesn't know much.

Love is a cause big enough to die for.
But love between two girls?

It swallows you.

It eats you.

It makes you beg for more.