every beautiful thing

today i wanted to tell you every beautiful thing, like, for example, you remind me of a book that Henry Miller would write and your soul is as picturesque as an Alfred Hitchcock movie. 

i wanted to tell you that you arouse such unbelievably tender feelings in me, and then i wanted to listen to Ella Fitzgerald at ten in the evening, dance the viennese waltz, or even share a cigarette with you in my bathroom floor. 

tell me, how did you become such a beautiful creature? 

where does all the fire in your eyes come from? 

you have such a perceiving sensitivity, your notion of emotional honesty is so genuine, your tenderness is so devastating. 

i wanted to tell you so many things, i wanted to ask you if you think it's frivolous to believe in a conception so senselessly composed as god. i wanted to ask you what are your favorite existential theories. 

it's because darling, everything is so inconsistent and conflicting, love is a perishable and explosive being, i swear to you that i don't know anything else. 

may we pack our bags! may we run away! may we run from one city to another! to Tenerife, to Mykonos, to Phuket, always with books, a devouring passion for impossibility and flowers strewn in every place our feet touch. 

today i wanted to tell you every beautiful thing, every ravishing thing, like, for example, your electricity is enough to light up this whole town, your laugh is like the singing of the birds. today i wanted to tell you every beautiful thing, like, for example, with you i feel the colors, the peace, the words, my god, with you i feel the love.