forget/remeber

forget forget forget forget

forget the night you heard your father's footsteps leaving the house when you were nine. forget the scars in your wrists. forget the day you got so drunk you screamed at the sky with all your rage but didn't get an answer. forget all the fights with your mother. forget the flowers that died right below your collarbones. 

forget the way you let boys touch the most breakable parts of your skin. forget the way you couldn't keep the promise you made to your mother that you would learn to love yourself the way she always has. forget all the makeshift loves that built thrones and kingdoms out of your tumbled bones. forget the way your hands always shake so much. forget the way you've mastered self-destruction behind rosy cheeks and fake smiles. forget about the craters in your skin. forget about the sadness. forget about the blood.

remember remember remember remember

remember boys who told you that your eyes reminded them of city lights and sunsets. remember mugs of hot chocolate after running home through the rain. remember laughing so much you almost fainted. remember the smell of spring and road trips with your best friend and her family. remember the girl with blue hair whose lips felt like butterflies against your skin.

remember how it was like to get lost in the streets of an unknown town and then sitting down on a bench and watching the sunrise. remember how the sunshine felt on your skin. remember drinking beer and then screaming at the top of your lungs and feeling alive in a way you had never felt before.

remember picking strawberries from the backyard of your grandfather's house and remember the way he loved making pancakes. remember drinking coffee at 4:37 in the morning with your windows striped open. remember the old lady you met in the elevator and who was the first one to care enough to ask you how was your day.

remember meteor showers with your sister. remember people who built museums in your ribcage. remember how it felt like to forget all the sorrows you kept hidden between your bones. remember how it felt like to laugh and to mean it. remember kissing people with long eyelashes and lips that felt like rose petals on satin. remember dancing like no one was watching.

remember feeling alive.