Chapter 28 - Assessment...?

Ask anybody, they'll say that their draconic ally is bloodthirsty, ruthless, has no patience and no love in his black heart.

They'd be right.

But he can learn.

Learn how to calm the bloodlust.

Learn how to listen.

Learn to be patient.

...Learn to Love...

(???): "...Hmm.."

(???): "Carla....Yeager?...She did what should have been impossible, she taught him how to love and feel loved. This human being somehow tamed an uncontrollable force of evil and blunted his sharp edge-"

(???): "For the most part. Have you so easily forgotten the massacre he orchestrated a week ago? Fifty-two dead, seventeen injured with another three missing without a trace...Do you call that a blunted spear?

(???): "..."

(???): "...I thought so. Now, if your done with your criticism, can we move out? (Y/N) and the human female are moving again."

Two shadows darted off their perch, following in the back alleys and above the houses of the walled city, keeping well out of range of the scaled horror who was the only thing that could possible detect them. But so far they managed to remain undetected.

They dared not to linger in the shadows, least the dark corners report the unfamiliar presence hiding in them to their black scaled master. Once dormant now writhing with life and happy to serve, and just as eager to take those that step into them.

(???): "I still can't imagine it. How could he possible join these weaker things?"

(???): "I understand, after all it's hard enough to believe that without the fact he agreed to help them survive."

(???): "At least he's making them work to it, and showing he's impatient with their lack of progress."

There was something in the unknown strangers tone, maybe it was a hint of approval. Or perhaps it was pride that had worked its way into his words? Maybe both.

(???): "Still, that woman evens him out and puts him in a calmer state of mind. I still don't know if it's better he's ruthless or calculating, but he's a little of both as he is now."

(???): "And that's what we need, at least for the time being...that greater being...Zeke was it? He said that (Y/N) was brash and too forward with his attack, but he was certainly effective, thwarted only by the accelerated healing."

(???): "Enough, they've stopped."

The two halted, resting on the wall of the building across the street where they watched the towering scaled humanoid resting on the grass of a large garden area, being cuddled by the much smaller frame of Carla seated in his lap, the content smile and soft giggles by the mature lady seen and heard even from their hiding spot.

Carla moved around for a moment, leaning up and pressing her lips against her lovers, earning a pair of arms sliding around her waist and back to pull her closer to his warm body. Inexperience obvious but still just as eager as the two parted and cuddled into each other, the great dragon wrapping her in his wings as she laid against his chest.

Without a word they took a step back, a sigh coming from one as they removed the black hood from their head, revealing a long cascading wave of Snow White hair, a silver and obsidian crown angled around a feminine face and eleven-like ears. Leathery wings folded against her arms and blending into her black silk dress armoured with silver lining. Her eyes holding tiredness despite the black abyss holding two glittering purple lights.

The other watched her for a moment before removing their own hood to reveal a males handsome, if alien-like face

The other watched her for a moment before removing their own hood to reveal a males handsome, if alien-like face. Black scales spotted across his face with more seen along his neck, a mane of black hair almost hiding two long elven ears poking out of the organised mess. Shirtless save for the tribal necklace around his neck. Two sharp, furred and overly large wings refusing to curl against his back.

 Two sharp, furred and overly large wings refusing to curl against his back

(???): "Worry not my beautiful queen. He will see the true light in the dark."

(???): "I hope so."

The female sighed, glancing back to the scene in the garden of (Y/N) and Carla drifting off to sleep in each other's embrace.

(???): "...Our son will return home. I swear it."