Part XVI: Are You Done?

Cow girl: "Uncle! Stop it! (Y/N) did nothing wrong!"

I just returned from a mission...my arm is still in a cast, and CG's Uncle turned furious overprotective father...what a warm welcome...

Farmer: "Stay *Punch* AWAY *Punch* From MY family!"

I stood my ground and let him punch me with my armor off. Of course, he aimed for my face. He may be a farmer but he isn't stupid.

CG's Mom: "Stop this at once! He's hurt!"

The farmer continued punching my face, blood trickled down my nose and onto the corner of my mouth. His punches got slower the longer this lasted. A hobgoblin could do more damage than this...

Farmer: "All you know is to take! And if people get in the way; You take their life...I won't let you take my niece...Get your things, your dangers, your troubles, and take them elsewhere. Away from my family!"

He put all his energy into one last attack that made me tilt my head. Cowgirl and her mom were just behind him as he was holding his knees, trying to get air back into his system.

(Y/N): "Are you done..."

I get in a fighting stance and punch the air just in front of his face.

(Y/N): "If that's how you feel, then so be it...I'll be out before the sun comes up..."

He slumps to the floor, exhausted. I turn on my heels and head to the shack to get my belongings.

CG: "(Y/N)! Wait a minute!"

Not now...why must we always be pushed apart. When I made it to the shack, I was met by my brother.

GS: "Are we really leaving?"

"Well, we can't stay here, pack up everything. We leave before daybreak."

GS: "Your arm."

Can everyone stop bringing up my arm? I slam the cast against the post, making it crumble off my hand.

"Irrelevant."

CG: "(Y/N)! Stay here, please! My uncle will calm down in a few days."

I continue to pack my stuff. There is nothing else to talk about. We'll only end up hurting each other.

"Nothing you say or do will change my decision to leave."

CG: "(Y/N), I love you!"

'Why would you say that in front of him...'

GS: "Tch..." I watched my brother clench his hand against the splintering door frame. Then he left the shack, leaving me and Cowgirl...Knowing that this might be one of the last times I see her in a long time; I hugged her.

"If you want...I can make you forget. About today, about me." 'Just like I did with my face.'

She gripped my arms and looked at me.

CG: "No, please don't. I want to remember you. Besides mom...you're all I have left of home."

"The night in your room...I want that. But there are decisions I have to make before I can do that. Decisions that will change who I am."

She leaned her head on my chest like she was trying to hear my beating heart.

CG: "Like what?" Cowgirl always wants to know the whys and how comes. She's caring like that but sometimes it feels like prying. This time...it's caring.